Question of the Day, November 30, 2022

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a VERY sharp cheddar and a nice goaty chevre. But I like almost any cheese. I don't care too much for Swiss and Brie makes me gag (texture) though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cheese, glorious cheese! :yess: I love the stuff! I'm a blue cheese hound and I love Maytag Blue. A good baby Swiss (and the cheesemaker is about a mile or so down the road from us....best baby Swiss ever! We get a one-pound wheel for about $8, which isn't bad at all. We buy it for my sister and BIL and for our son and DIL every Christmas, so they have some for little gatherings.

Cheddar is wonderful, as is a good fontina. Asiago. A good baked Brie. Give me a good smoked provolone and I'm in heaven. Right now, we have a decadent Gruyere in the fridge, just waiting for French onion soup this Friday night. Oh, don't forget Jarlsberg, makes a wonderful cheese dip. And I keep a nice-sized wedge of Parm-Reg in the fridge to grate for whenever and whatever I need it for; I also like to grab my knife and take a slice.

My mac and cheese is made with a little sharp (as sharp as I can find) Cheddar and some pepper jack. Sadly, it's hard for me to find a really sharp cheddar anymore.

I have a recipe for Muenster bread. You roll the dough out, slather it with grated Muenster and two beaten eggs, then roll it up, seal it well, curl it up in a 9-inch cake pan, and bake it. You have to let it cool for a bit, but when you slice into the bread, you've got a wedge of bread and melted Muenster. Perfect with a good plate of spaghetti or lasagna. The first time I made it for my in-laws, Evelyn told me it was simply wonderful stuff.

The only cheese that I simply cannot stand? Cream cheese. That can go far, far away and I would never miss it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only wistfully windowshop, but sometimes I am naughty. In exchange for neighbor’s goats doing fire abatement, I buy their tasty cheese!