Question of the Day, November 16, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kitty: Last week it was unseasonably beautiful here with temps in the low - mid 70's. However, this week the temperatures decreased by 40 degrees and it's been in the low 30's, (Fahrenheit). We even got snow yesterday and today. ❄ It was time to get out the winter coats, hats, boots, warm socks, scarves, etc. I have both gloves and mittens for winter weather. I wear gloves when driving or running errands and mittens when I'm outdoors walking. Everyone has a different preference to keep their hands warm.🧤 🥊

WHICH DO YOU WEAR IF YOU LIVE (OR LIVED) WHERE YOU GET WINTER, GLOVES OR MITTENS?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have both gloves and mittens for winter weather. I wear gloves when driving or running errands and mittens when I'm outdoors walking.
I'm the same. Gloves for driving, as I find they give me better grip. And mittens when outside shoveling or walking, as I can bunch my fingers together whenever they get cold.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time gloves, but for very cold weather snowblowing I need to wear mittens. Finding a pair warm enough is a difficult, so I have half a dozen pairs of pretty useless ones. I just bought a pair of leather mittens though with real shearling lining that I am hoping will work.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used gloves as almost as long as i remember. I don't like the lack of dexterity with mittens. Thankfully our winters aren't as brutal as they come farther north so I haven't needed to try mittens. DH did buy a pair for work because his hands get so cold. I think he needed the dexterity also so we just end up buying hand warmers.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used gloves for many, many years. Actually, as long as I can remember. When the kids were little, it was always mittens for them because they are much easier to get on small children. It was probably the same for me when I was little.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both...depends on what I'm doing, or where I'm going. Sometimes I even wear both at the same time, small gloves under mittens so that if I need to use my hands, I can take the mitten off and still have some protection.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use both gloves and mittens, but the mittens that I have are called glo-mitts, as they have a fingerless glove with a flip-back mitten cover, and an internal pouch for a chemical heat pack.
I have a pair and I really like them. I'll use a pair of those thin knit gloves underneath the mitts if it's especially cold. Hot hands help when it's very cold, too, and they last a long time. And if it's cold enough for gloves, I don't set foot outside without long johns on.