Question of the Day - Monday, September 7, 2020

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I go about 6-7 weeks. I have an undercut and my hair is dyed, so that's about as long as I can go before the roots get bad and the undercut gets long enough to curl. I'm trying to grow the rest of my hair out but it seems like it always needs to be trimmed for split ends just about the same amount as it has grown. 🤷‍♀️ I really should bite the bullet and get better quality shampoo/conditioner, but I find the stuff that strengthens and smooths hair also makes me break out (maybe the added keratin?), so it's like I have to chose between having silky hair or (relatively) clear skin.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to go every 2 years and let it grow out so I could donate it, but it's just too much of a pain in the ass to let my hair grow out to a foot anymore so now it'll probably be every year.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to go 6 weeks. I kept it short and that was about as far as I could push it. Since pandemic hit, I haven't gotten it cut since February. I was supposed to have an appointment in later March, but decided to skip it. When salons were allowed to open, my stylist texted me about getting an appointment. I said I'm not ready to do that just yet, so she said to just let her know when I was ready. I am still not ready and not likely to be any time soon. It's getting long, which is actually fine since I'm not going anywhere anyway (working from home) and always wondered how it would be to let it get long again. I did cut my bangs but wish I hadn't because I;d like to try letting them grow out too.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my hair cut about every 5-6 weeks. I have a variation of a pixie cut, with bangs.

My hair grows really fast. Sometimes, I can see 4 inches of length my stylist cuts off of it. She usually does a razor cut.

It really looks scraggly if I let the intervals between cuts, expand.

During the Covid lockdown, March, April, and part of May; I had to trim my own bangs, with a razor~~ they were growing over my eyeglasses. I also took a pair of manicure scissors to the long, irregular pieces, and the sideburns... Boy, did I look terrible....
I had a similar style and my stylist also cut it with a razor. I've found not many know how to do the razor cut these days and my hair just didn't look right or grow out right without it. I haven't had mine cut since February, it's growing out slowly, and I'm fine with letting it. Regret cutting my bangs though (not with a razor).