Question of the Day - Monday, September 7, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's very late; but technically it's still Monday here. Today was a holiday for DH; so we had a nice, quiet day together. It didn't feel like a Monday. Tomorrow might feel like a Monday on a Tuesday; but oh well. Today was good! We relaxed so much we forgot that I was going to give DH a haircut. DS needs one soon too.

How long do you go between haircuts?

I normally only get mine cut two times a year; MAYBE 3 if we have something special going on. I had a good cut last February so now it's feeling really long again. DH wants me to cut his hair every few weeks it seems. I know it's free when I do it; but gosh I feel like I look so much better kept when my haircut is fresh! Before covid I wouldn't cut DS's hair. It's much cheaper to get his done than mine and I was afraid to try it myself. I've cut his hair twice this year and done ok. I do want to turn the job back over to our usual stylist sometime! Instead it's been on a wing and a prayer. :lol: And with a little help from YouTube. :thumbsup:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it is every 6 months now. I decided that I actually enjoy my hair short (not growing past my shoulders) so every 6 months now, I cut the back to keep it above them. At first, I wanted to grow my hair out but long hair isn't something I want right now. I used to get bullied a lot for my hair length and type when I was younger and I realized that that is where my desire for long hair comes from. But I'm an adult now and I don't need to prove anything to anyone anymore by having long hair. The bullies are long gone and I'm almost 22.

I did have my hair at mid back length a few years ago but it was a ton of work and not very fun. Maybe in the future, I'll grow it out again but for now, I will rock my bob.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pixie-short hair and SHOULD get it cut every 4-6 weeks. I don't, lol. I intend to but it just gets away from me. I generally let it go about 3 months until it's so moppy I can't stand it anymore. Some cuts grow out better than others. My last one wasn't great and isn't growing out very well, so I want to get it cut soon. Haha, I probably won't though. . .

I just looked up my credit card statements and my last cut was on June 6th. So, yep, that's 3 months!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't cut my hair in years. It is halfway down my back. At one time, I had really short hair but so long ago I don't remember how long between cuts to maintain it. I would always cut it short and then try to grow it long again only to get frustrated at the in between stage and cut it off again.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every 5 or 6 weeks. I keep it about chin length and layered. My hair has thinned out a lot as I have gotten older so it never grows out nice, it just looks thinner as it grows out. I have been keeping up with it since the salons reopened. I needed a cut when things shut down so it got really bad.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually about every 10 weeks or so but with COVID19 my hair got so long. It grows quickly and
before I knew it it was past my shoulders. Just had it cut on Friday. It's a short angled bob, a bit
longer than Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily 's and the sides in front are longer and angled.and the back is angled,
feathered and clipped. The perfect cut for anyone who has very thick hair. So easy to manage.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my hair cut roughly every March and November. I have very thick hair, so the longer it gets, the harder it is to take care of. It looks best about shoulder-length and layered.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I had my hair cut professionally was about 35 years ago. it is about shoulder length, blond (with some grey between colorings which I do myself too) and shorter on top which I sweep back. I have side-parted bangs. I cut my own hair in the mirror, holding it straight up to get it layered longer towards the bottom. It is thin and getting thinner! I use a large curling iron every morning to smooth it and get a tiny bit of curl, I just can't get used to the styles of today that look like you just got out of bed.....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I went in for root touch-ups every four weeks with a trim every other visit. That was BP (Before Pandemic). I haven't been to the salon since February (and thinking back, it might even be January). The top of my head is now grey and white with it going down a little beyond my temples. My hair is the longest it's been in a long time. I keep saying I want to go in and get things straightened out (hair blended for the grey to come in a little less noticeable and for a cut to right around my shoulders). Til I actually get in there? Well, Rick says til I actually go into the salon, my hair will probably be all grey with the length down to my butt. I'm still that leery.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually about every three months for my chin length bob. But since COVID no professional cuts and two self cuts. It’s just way too long and due for another cut but I am not ready yet to go to a salon.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Back in olden times...pre-COVID...I had it cut every four weeks. I’ve worn it very short for years. But it hasn’t been professionally cut since the beginning of March. I’ve trimmed the bangs and managed to keep the length trimmed in the back, but the layers are almost grown out. I bought some barrettes, clip it back on the sides, and keep it stuffed behind my ears. I haven’t decided what to do with it yet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cut my own hair once (pre-COVID! I just wanted to try it). It wasn't terrible. I think I did an ok job on the back and sides. The top was hard because my hair is thick and I didn't have enough hands, lol. So I had to go to the salon to get it evened out. I bet I could do it with something like a Flowbee, but I don't want to spend the money just to find out it doesn't work.

I could probably get away with a crummy haircut now, more than ever. The main reason I'm not going to try it again unless I really have to is that the little cut hairs got all over my bathroom and I kept finding them in odd places for months. If I could find a way to rig up a mirror outside, maybe. . .

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my hair cut about every 5-6 weeks. I have a variation of a pixie cut, with bangs.

My hair grows really fast. Sometimes, I can see 4 inches of length my stylist cuts off of it. She usually does a razor cut.

It really looks scraggly if I let the intervals between cuts, expand.

During the Covid lockdown, March, April, and part of May; I had to trim my own bangs, with a razor~~ they were growing over my eyeglasses. I also took a pair of manicure scissors to the long, irregular pieces, and the sideburns... Boy, did I look terrible....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every few months. I usually get it cut just below shoulder level and let it grow out about two/two and a half inches before getting it cut again. I've had it cut only once this year (the last time was just before Christmas) so I'd really like another haircut! But I'd feel weird going into a hair salon during COVID, and I wouldn't trust anyone else (even myself) to cut it.