Question of the Day - Monday, September 28, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
September is flying by! Fall colors are popping up in more places here and I've got my mums out front. Next up I need to change out my kid's wardrobes. They might get to wear shorts a few more times; but not too many.

What color groups are your favorites?

I love jewel tones but I can't wear them all. I enjoy the warmth of fall colors. I also loved "heathered" variations. And then your classic black, grey, navy and white. I do wear some brighter colors in the spring and summer; but I think my favorites are my fall and winter shades. The only colors I really stay away from are neons. Some pastels aren't good for me but my favorite color has always been lilac purple.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pinks, Purples, Lavenders, Teals,Navy blue, Indigo, Black, Some greens,seafoam green, Granny Smith green,
candy-apple red, British racing green, I guess I like most colors but not dull

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite colors differ from clothes that I wear to decorating the house. But if we're talking about clothes then I tend to choose colors that are shades of blue or pastels.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Pinterest board of color palettes I like for future reference in decorating. I just looked at it and nearly all of them have coral as a color. So I guess I like anything the complements coral. :lol: Here's an example of one I like. The pinkish color isn't coral, but it is a color combination I like.

1601308662054.png

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For clothing, burgundy and navy separately are my best colors. I hate mustard yellow, and I can't stand a combination of gray and yellow.That yellow-gray combination is often on those home improvement shows, and it's appalling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Deep jewel tones.are my favorite, but I wear whatever is on sale. :lol: My all time favorite outfit is a sapphire blue with black suit.
I used to have a work outfit in that combo and I loved it. I always felt good in it! I might still have the blouse actually. It made my eyes look really good!
I have a Pinterest board of color palettes I like for future reference in decorating. I just looked at it and nearly all of them have coral as a color. So I guess I like anything the complements coral. :lol: Here's an example of one I like. The pinkish color isn't coral, but it is a color combination I like.

View attachment 352704
Coral is so pretty but it's one of those colors I can only wear in small amounts. I love how it pops against aqua/turquoise blues!
For clothing, burgundy and navy separately are my best colors. I hate mustard yellow, and I can't stand a combination of gray and yellow.That yellow-gray combination is often on those home improvement shows, and it's appalling.
I'm not a big yellow fan myself; in clothes or interior design. After all; your house is the backdrop for all of you. If you don't look good in a yellow shirt; your not going to look good sitting next to yellow pillows and throws. One of my masks is yellow and gray but thankfully it's a light yellow and not overdone. It was a gift so I'm not complaining. Just saying! :lol: I have an olive undertone so yellow often makes me look sickly. And I'm fair; so a lot of foundations make me look pale and sick. I don't know if I'm an odd combo (blue eyes, golden brown hair, fair with olive undertones) but it's caught more than a few people off guard when choosing makeup and things. But it's really obvious when you put my hand next to DH's (he's a redhead with a strong pink undertone).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown, Navy, Gray, Olive/Sage/Mint/Celery Green, Light Blue, Tan. I like Black but it picks up too much cat hair. Burgundy is okay. I have a Light Lavender shirt, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Trying to branch out. I can't wear White because I get it stained within one day!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a pinterest board that's just these color palettes and if I need to calm down, I just scroll through it. So satisfying. I noticed I'd save this particular one twice, so that gives you a good indication that I like these! Add in an equivalent faded lime green and slightly more yellowy melon color and my personal palette would be complete.
1601357837054.png

In my day to day life however, I mostly wear black, blue jeans, army green, and burgundy type colors. You probably wouldn't guess by my extensive collection of black t-shirts with skulls on them that I actually love bright, light colors.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love reds and burgundys. I wear them, even though I know those colors really clash with my red hair.

One of the nicer things about letting my hair grow out white and silver is that I'll be able to wear some of the colors that I wouldn't wear before. I'm rather looking forward to trying out some new colors in clothing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the nicer things about letting my hair grow out white and silver is that I'll be able to wear some of the colors that I wouldn't wear before.
I’m getting DH to do this more. He’s a natural redhead and a bit color deficient so he used to wear mostly gray, black and some blues. He still has a lot of gray in his wardrobe but with his red looking more like light strawberry blond he is expanding his horizons and even has a muted red shirt now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are those greens called?
I think it's called seafoam green.

I look best in medium tones of reds, pinks, blues, purples. Also gray. Not pastels, not black or pure white, and never, ever orange, green, or yellow! I look especially terrible in peach, being a pastel and orangish. I can occasionally wear a grayish bluish green, if it's just the right shade.

For decorating, well, I honestly have no sense of aesthetics. But my kitchen is yellow and the bathroom is a minty green, so I guess I'm ok decorating with colors that I can't wear.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Purple is my favorite color, I like lavender, bright purple (in bluish shades) dark purple, royal purple... just not the magenta-y ones.

Closely followed by green. I love wearing dark green, my bedroom used to be forest green too.

I also like jewel tones like red and gold. And almost all pastel colors. I have a lot of grey and black clothes too.

The only color I tend not to buy or like is blue.