Question of the Day - Monday, September 27, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am struggling with question ideas today. I got a new down-alternative pillow this weekend and I didn't want to get out of bed today. Fortunately DD is still on her "making you coffee is a blast" kick. :lol:

What is your favorite kind of jam/jelly/preserves?

DS wanted pumpkin butter for his breakfast so we went looking this weekend. I found a jar of strawberry rhubarb jam at a local place and got it for myself. It's from the stores own line and they had a bunch of unusual flavors. My favorite is a toss up between seedless raspberry and Bonne Maman's Cherry Preserves. My best friend got into making jam for a while so I had some nectarine one from her that was really good. It's nice to try different varieties. Especially something different from the standard grape and strawberry.

I don't always eat it often; but sometimes I get on a kick where i want toast with jam for breakfast. Or the occasioanl toasted jam and almond butter sandwich at lunch. Or on a warm buttered bisquit. Apparently I'm hungry because biscuits and gravy sounds really good all of a sudden. I haven't had that in years either. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be strawberry jam or preserves. I don't have often but every once in awhile with butter on warm biscuits. I also have one or the other on a peanut butter sandwich. I guess that would be a peanut butter and jam or preserves sandwich.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I use strawberry preserves in my surprise muffins. I use raspberry preserves on Linzer-type cookies. Other than that, it’s rare that we have anything like that on hand. I use orange-pineapple in a BBQ sauce for ham. A GF gave me a jar of apricot jam, which I used on pork. I don’t think she was really happy about it, but boy, it was good!