Question of the Day - Monday, September 20, 2021

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Punjabi Chai is a bit different to regular chai.. a bit more 'fruity'
black tea, citrus peel, rose petals, almonds, cloves, cardamom, vanilla
It's really delicious :)
That sounds good, I'll have to see if I can find it.
I think American apple cider must be something very different to the cider I'm used to. I grew up in the south west of England where they make cider, but it's more like a strong beer.
Of course there is hard cider available, but usually "cider" just refers to unfiltered (and usually unpasteurized) apple juice. So basically. . .unfermented scrumpy? Haha. I'm not really a fan unless it's hot and heavily mulled, which is very refreshing on a chilly fall night. I think it's the orange/lemon peels that change the flavor enough to make it bearable for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a favorite candle that is "fall spice" but it's also maple...to die for!I
I have a Maple Apple Burbon scent and it's amazing! It's fall and cozy; but not overpowering. Maple needs more attention in the fall scents and flavors!
it's when it's getting cooler and I get back into my Punjabi Chai. :)
That looks so good! When i was working I'd get an amazing creamy chai drink from a local gas station of all places. It would hit the spot when it was cold and working felt miserable! :lol:

Chai and "pumpkin spice" are basically the same thing, except chai has cardamom. And of course chai is in a tea base, while pumpkin spice can be in. . .anything, unfortunately, lol.
They don't really seem THAT similar to me. Maybe it's that many things that are "pumpkin spice" flavored have a bit of an artificial aftertaste to me. I'm not a picky eater and there isn't much that I don't like. But if it has an artificial taste about it I don't like it. Like the sugar free coffee syrups have an aftertaste. I tried the Reeces Coffe Creamer and it was gross!
I think American apple cider must be something very different to the cider I'm used to.
Yeah it's different. Think apple juice but more pure. It's darker and unfiltered so it has a cloudy appearance. I don't believe it is sweetened either. The flavor of the apples used can change the cider's flavor a lot. I've found the late fall cider is my favorite. You can almost tell which apple variety was used to make the batch. You can't do that with apple juice. I'd steal a picture from the internet...but that feels like too much work on my laptop right now. 💤 :lol2:

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The scent of firepits or fireplaces, woods. Apple and cinnamon is one of my favourite smells, but it could be seen as a little wintery as well. The smell of rain is also a really nice one, I can't wait for more of that!
I meant to reply to this. I'm still figuring it out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , maple bourbon sounds like such a delicious smelling combination that I just had to look up the candle. Bath and Body works carries one and next time I am at the nearby mall I am definitely going in for a sniff.
I have a Scentsy warmer. My best friends sister sells it so I’ve been supporting her business a bit. I never liked flames so its been nice for me. DS loves it all too. 😆
image.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Chai and "pumpkin spice" are basically the same thing, except chai has cardamom. And of course chai is in a tea base, while pumpkin spice can be in. . .anything, unfortunately, lol.

Maybe it's not quite a scent but I love fall mornings with their crisp cool kind of smell. Smells much better than summer humidity!
:yess: :clap::cheerleader: