Question of the Day - Monday, October 3, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about anyone else; but this "brr" month is starting with a brr here. My kids are so happy. :lol: I am so not. :lol: DH had some days off he needed to use up so this morning I whispered in DS's ear that if he didn't say anything and went and go dressed to go get our grocery order I'd take us to Dunkin. He was even more excited because I said he could wear his new hoodie. After I put stuff away he was sitting in the Livingroom drinking coffee like a boss. :lol: (Don't worry; it was half-caf.) It was just a fast switch from above average temperatures to below average. At least the heat isn't on yet.

(I'm having some trouble with the letters t and y on my laptop so please forgive an senances hatt look like his. :rolleyes3: Ediing and geing hem o work is geing annoing. :disappointed::cringe: I migh have o ake he wireless keboard back from DD.:paperbag: :crazy:)

Have you ever attended a music festival? Big or small? Wild or tame?

I have been to several as a teen and young adult. It's been a while though. And every one was tame and featuring Christian music so no half (or less) clothed people or anything like that. One was really big and involved camping for 5 days. I am NOT a camper. My friend and I; being broke-ish college kids, volunteered so we got in for free. :thumbsup: It was really fun! Most people were really nice. We worked at the gates and had some of the smaller bands flirting. :lol: It's funnier now because I still have no clue who they were. I even got an autographed picture of the guy who is now DS's favorite artist. I'm not sure where it is to show him though. The smaller ones were better for getting autographs and meeting artists. I could also enjoy the music even while volunteering. I missed a couple of he best bands at the big festival because of volunteering. Also we left during the last show instead of waiting till morning because we were so done with camping in 90 degree heat. :lol:

I was thinking I should probably start resigning myself to taking my kids to these kind of things again as my kids are getting older and into music. :rolleyes2: God Bless my parents. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Every year on July 4th a nearby town has a music festival of cover bands and on Labor Day a different town does the same. We used to go but stopped once our kids got older and didn't want to be seen with us. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I never did. It never seemed to work well with parenthood and then parenthood plus college. It seemed like It would have been fun though.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I've only been to 3 concerts in my life. I don't really get much enjoyment out of going to them, so musical festivals probably wouldn't be fun for me. I don't like crowds and I hate being around people.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I haven't, I went to a few concerts many years ago. I didn't really like them or clubs with loud music. I don't do well with loud music. I get anxious and usually end up with a headache. It isn't long before I want to be outside again with peace and quiet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went to an all music (no vocals) concert in Dayton, Ohio. It wasn't wild as far as the audience went, but the music was really outstanding. I was expecting a relaxing evening (maybe even a snooze fest) but the music was a lot more energizing than I had anticipated. Lots of fast songs with a great light show, and I really enjoyed it.
I went to Country Concert in '03. It wasn't "wild", but it definitely had it's moments. But it was a lot of fun.
In '06, I went to a Christian conference, and was treated to a surprise concert. I loved the music and the songs! I bought a copy of the CD and still listen to it to this day.

(This isn't a music event, but about 20 years ago George Carlin toured in my area and I got to see him live about 35 minutes from where I live now. That dude was incredibly crass but had some really funny material. I am really happy I got to see him live before he passed. He had a bit about how he'd lose things, and his Mom would yell "Well it didn't just get up and walk away!" He mentioned one time he lost the cat. He said, "It just got up and walked away!" Sarah is my hider, and when I can't find her, I'll hear George Carlin saying "One time I lost the cat. It just got up and walked away!")

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with a lot of you on the too loud part. Looking back that may be why I liked the festivals; they were all outside so it wasn’t as overwhelming feeling as the concerts I’ve been to inside auditoriums and things. I only had one experience where I left with my ears ringing and that was enough. I actually carry some filtering earplugs now just in case. :crazy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've been to a festival, but concerts, yes.

Even outdoor concerts can be overwhelming. When my husband and I were dating e dragged me to see Guns 'n Roses at Soldier field, which is open air, and it was still way too loud for my taste.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i have been to a lot of concerts but not recently

The Stones
Stevie Wonder
Edwin Starr
The Who
Rod Stewart
Jethro Tull
Peer Frampton and a lot more

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rolling Stones in Werchter, Belgium
Patti Smith in Dranouter, Belgium
Van Morrison in Dranouter, Belgium
Cristina Branco (Portuguese fado singer) in Dranouter, Belgium
Arno (Belgian singer) several concerts in Brussels, Belgium

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rethinking the Festival idea. I guess so. Have been to a Nordic Fest several times in the same community , but not lately. Only once to a concert. Saw the Carpenter's And Neal Young.

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to quite a few concerts when I was younger, but no festivals. Unless you count a local one that had local bands playing. That was fun (and very tame). Never been interested in the craziness.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to a few, but only because we got passes for free. I'm not a fan of crowds and I'm not big on live music for the most part.
Most of the ones I've attended have been local festivals though...I've only ever gone to one "big name" festival.