Question of the Day - Monday, October 19, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fall is feeling in full swing here now but it's supposed to get hot again this week for a little bit. I'm not complaining because some people have seen snow already. No thank you! ;) Since our church can't do it's usual fall community event I'm planning some fun at home. I've picked up candy, hot dogs, smores ingredients and popcorn. Glow sticks and some new outdoor carnival like games too. I'm still working on some other ideas. But we are going to have fun at home around the fire pit on the 31st!

I was looking for ping pong balls on Amazon last night and came across these. One of the reviews is from a lady who used them to make a ball pit for her cats during the pandemic this summer. Complete with pictures. :lol2: Amazon.com : meizhouer 50Pcs/Pack Colored Ping Pong Balls 40mm 2.4g Entertainment Table Tennis Balls Mixed Colors for Game and Advertising : Sports & Outdoors :flail:So fess up! Which one of you was it?? And who else is going to now? :wave2: :thumbsup::crackup::lol2:

For an actual question:

What is your cat's favorite toy?

Mooch's favorite has always been the plastic pull tab rings from milk jugs. She doesn't play fetch with them anymore. But she still perks up and watches when I flick one for her. She does play with some Yeoww catnip toys. She'll stick her head in her toy can (an old popcorn can) and fish one out. She has a stuffed crinkly bacon toy she uses like a pillow but the other day she was also hugging her Pollock Yeoww fish to her with both arms while she slept too. I didn't manage a picture but I wish I had! :redheartpump::lovecat:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop had a pink mousie that she just loved as a kitten. She took Mousie everywhere she went, including the bed.

PinkMousieOne.jpg

PinkMousieTwo.jpg

The girls all tend to like those little meeces that I used to get from Foster and Smith. I keep new ones in a container of catnip; then, when I get them out, they'll play like crazy with them.

They still like DaBird. And they like to play with red laser light.

MollipopDaBird.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton goes back and forth with his favorite toy(s). It's usually a stuffed red cherry or a wand that was a holiday gift from my neighbor.

Not the best pic since he's hiding under a chalkboard figure but here he is with the red cherry.

IMG_2465.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo loves his springs. I've bought several dozen of them, and all but two or three are lost around the house. Lily's favorite is a small stuffed squirrel that she carries around the house. She tosses it in the air and pounces on it. Lily also loves a tennis ball slider I gave her from my walker. She uses it as a kicker toy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They aren't big on toys. They do have a catnip mouse that they will play with every now and then. Sophie likes her catnip infused paper bags. She will roll around in them and then pass out for a while. They are over the laser pointer. They will slap at the dot for about 10 seconds until they realize it's me. Then I get glared at and they wander off.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grayson has 2 - ‘The Birdie’ and ‘The Sausage!’
He goes and sits by the chest where they are kept and starts clawing at it until u get them out and play.
The birdie is the feather on the stick.
And the sausage is a cat nip toy shaped like a cigar that he licks until it’s soaked 😬😬
For an old boy he still loves his toys 😽❤

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lily's favorite is a small stuffed squirrel that she carries around the house.
My Lily does the same with a stuffed seal, usually in the middle of the night. She croons loudly to it as she carries it into the bedroom, drops it on the floor, and jumps up to tell me all about it.

Iris has a yarn ball that she carries around in the night. She talks loudly to her “pet” as well.

My husband suggested that we take their toys away from them so we can sleep through the night. I suggested that he didn’t need the brownies I make regularly for him. He dropped the idea. :lol: They’re 16. I don’t want to deprive them of their enjoyment.

Mocha doesn’t really play with toys. She was a three-year-old feral when I adopted her, and she has never seemed to understand about toys.

Lily and her friend.
F55459AD-3A63-4AC4-9CF4-6D246CE20328.jpeg 7C62C8EE-DA07-4152-A6D1-C345AED064A9.jpeg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my guys play with toys and some don't.There are several that love the rings off the milk jugs,and they also love the little caps off my 1/2 and 1/2 and my creamer.Mystery is the only one that has her own toy and she will not share...Mr. Turtle is hers alone.Now Donnie....he gets out that toolbelt of his and anything in the house is game!But really...if he can sneak butts from the ashtray and whizz them all over the house,he's a happy boy.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie loves this green bouncy ball that is oddly shaped so it will bounce in unpredictable ways. The rescue said it was her favorite and almost 3 years later it is still one of her favorites. Remy likes mice and those smelly cat nip toys. Flora will play with just about anything, so it's hard to pinpoint what her favorite is.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie loves this green bouncy ball that is oddly shaped so it will bounce in unpredictable ways. The rescue said it was her favorite and almost 3 years later it is still one of her favorites. Remy likes mice and those smelly cat nip toys. Flora will play with just about anything, so it's hard to pinpoint what her favorite is.
This is the toy. I can't figure out what it is called or who makes it. I did a reverse image search and ended up with results ranging from saxophone mouthpieces to adult toys. 🤷‍♀️ Does anyone recognize it? It's about the size of a golf ball.
20201019_223807.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the toy. I can't figure out what it is called or who makes it. I did a reverse image search and ended up with results ranging from saxophone mouthpieces to adult toys. 🤷‍♀️ Does anyone recognize it? It's about the size of a golf ball.
I've never seen that before, but I'll bet Mingo would love it too. The reason he likes the springs so much is that they go every which way.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat here has a preference. Whistle loves balls but is terrified of anything that looks like it has bunny ears. Lady loves toy bunnies and chicks and carries them around as though they are her babies. Lol A bit of anossue if Whistle finds a toy belonging to Lady. Banjo loves a real frog so, anything that looks like her friend is cherished and protected. BJ only likes hats! Lol Every cat loves the kitty pool.
B3D12E2A-8786-4D86-B918-77013F74B7BC.jpeg

Lady stashes all the toys in the kitty pool.
3AEFDD33-F1F8-4C59-90FE-8BB5CA7D3048.jpeg

Banjo playing ...
1BBB0B83-BBF8-49E6-882F-CE643DC7831B.jpeg

Yep....
6F7C33CE-F5E3-4CEC-B2EF-B2344ADB9850.jpeg

Leap frog!
0F235891-D005-4A0C-A3C7-0427C0441F1B.jpeg

879FA81D-A904-4517-82B6-B7EB3FAD40F4.jpeg
060B0C72-FF1A-4120-8530-C5F6AAD8BB09.jpeg

Wanda Heart carries a unicorn around by the horn.
EDEBB04E-5656-4E55-88CF-D764D1733A0D.jpeg
BAD62836-A59D-4690-AD99-61E053AC8572.jpeg
CAE54A2E-2F7D-4076-9B03-76F4BC2D778D.jpeg
5C5C2483-11EA-4B6A-8199-4DFB26C10905.jpeg
78AB597C-3311-406D-9A4D-B7BDE671DB15.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband suggested that we take their toys away from them so we can sleep through the night. I suggested that he didn’t need the brownies I make regularly for him. He dropped the idea. :lol: They’re 16. I don’t want to deprive them of their enjoyment.
Ha!!!!

Cal likes Q-Tips and mice that I spray with catnip oil.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the toy. I can't figure out what it is called or who makes it. I did a reverse image search and ended up with results ranging from saxophone mouthpieces to adult toys. 🤷‍♀️ Does anyone recognize it? It's about the size of a golf ball. View attachment 355630
I think this might be a baby toy - something that might have been on a stroller or car seat where the child could slide the toy back and forth on a pole.