Question of the Day - Monday, November 28, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was first in school my mom and I lived just down the street from my grandparent's house; so I would go there before school when Mom left for work. I'd have breakfast and sit in my Grandpa's big chair with him to read the comics and do any little puzzles before they walked me to school. I still enjoy reading the comics when I have a chance as an adult; but I've never gotten a daily paper so I don't do it often anymore. Reading through the 100th Birthday tribute strips for Charles Schulz last weekend brought back some nice memories.

What is your favorite comic strip; past or present?

My favorite is Mutts of course! My girls were named after the strip and I have some figurines and books 9one autograhed) around here and a print that needs to be framed. I'm also wearing some Mutts pajama pants at the moment. :lol: DS has really gotten into it too and keeps reading the books.

I also love Peanuts, Family Circle, Baby Blues, Blondie, For Better or for Worse, Garfield, Hagar the Horrible, BC. There are so many good ones out there I'm sure I'm missing ones I like.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn’t a strip but I adored The Far Side. I once worked in an office where we had the paper delivered and we would fight to be the first to see it for the day!
My other favourite was The Perishers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My stepbrother and stepsister used to pretend they were Calvin & Hobbes. :lol: They had some other little imaginary characters they would pretend to be. I bet they could turn that into a comic strip and it would be cute!

This got me thinking. The comic strips are the best parts of the newspaper; which I don't need or want. But I'd probably subscribe to a comic strip paper. :lol: I do get Mutts in my inbox every day and it was my homepage at work. But it would be fun having them in print and a variety like they are in the paper.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My stepbrother and stepsister used to pretend they were Calvin & Hobbes. :lol: They had some other little imaginary characters they would pretend to be. I bet they could turn that into a comic strip and it would be cute!

This got me thinking. The comic strips are the best parts of the newspaper; which I don't need or want. But I'd probably subscribe to a comic strip paper. :lol: I do get Mutts in my inbox every day and it was my homepage at work. But it would be fun having them in print and a variety like they are in the paper.
My mom used to say she could recall Fiorello LaGuardia reading the comic strips aloud over the radio!