Question of the Day - Monday, November 23, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Thanksgiving week and Decorate for Christmas week in my house; so I'm going to get a jump on the question of the day. I've planned a reduced week for school. My kids will get plenty of learning time by helping me bake! DD has gotten really good in the kitchen so she's a huge help now. Today's question is inspired by Sunday's QOTD:

Do you ever re-gift presents? Would you mind being given something re-gifted?

I have done it. But only if I think the person would genuinely like the item. A couple times I've given a gift away because it was a duplicate of something I already had; and the person I gave it to was aware of it. I don't think I used it as a birthday/Christmas type gift though. The example I gave in yesterday's QOTD was giving my close friend some practically vintage style nightgown sets that my Grandma had given me. They were too small for me and not something I would have worn; but she thought they were cute. So I was more than happy to give them a good home instead of having them just go to waste.

I don't think I'd mind being given something re-gifted if it's done thoughtfully. Or under the same circumstances I would re-gift myself. It's the thought that counts. Some people do it without thought and that's just classless. :disappointed: But other times it's done because someone did think of you. Years ago when we did Secret Santa exchanges people would send used books (if the recipient was ok with it) and I thought that was a great example of how to make something used a great gift. :agree:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have but only if the person receiving would love it. And does not know the person who gave the gift. It's not good to have gifts sat doing nothing in a drawer if they're not what you would use. My mil always ends up with bath stuff but she never has a bath she showers so I always help her make use of them. ;) I love a relaxing bath.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not usually, but I got a lot of mugs as a teacher, more than I could ever use. So when we'd do our staff Kris Kringle, I've resused/regifted a few of them with treats inside. Not super thoughtful, but I think that's probably the extent I'd go.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't regifted in that I wrapped something up and gave it to someone like I bought it just for them, but if I get something that I have no use for I'll ask someone else if they would want it. I wouldn't mind being regifted something if it was actually something I'd want and enjoy.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Now and again, I would regift if I felt the gift I received would be more appreciated by the person I am giving it too. However, I would not regift within my circle of friends, if the gift originally came from one of them. There would be no secret where the gift orginally came from, so I simply wouldn't do it.

I believe in giving something that will be appreciated. I have been the receiver of gifts from people who just wanted to dejunk because they disliked them. I find that tacky and disrespectful. I put much thought into what I give others, I will go through numberous shopping sites or even go to stores to get that perfect gift for someone. I wish others were just as thoughtful. 😕

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I have received any but might have and just didn't know. If it's something I like/need, I don't really care.

I do give things that I get away if I don't need/want them. I get Olive Garden gift cards sometimes. I don't like that place so I give them to my daughter so she and her BF can go but I wouldn't really call it a re-gift. I just tell her that I got it and won't be using it. Then she takes it off my hands. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really regift anything because most people send me food or drink items that I want to sample- hot sauce, granola, cappuccino, coffee. People know what I like, since I'm always talking about it. :lol:

I wouldn't mind getting a regifted item if it was new and clean, and something I can use. I'm a germaphobe, so I don't really want old junk.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mind getting a regifted item if it was new and clean, and something I can use. I'm a germaphobe, so I don't really want old junk.
[/QUOTE]?
I am also a germaphobe. I don't want anything used. Once a co-worker gave me some cheese that went bad. I think it was something she got the Christmas before. I have never regifted but don't see anything wrong with it as long as the gift is new.