Question of the Day, Monday, May 31, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Which team(s) are you rooting for? I'm a Carolina Hurricanes fan.
Either Carolina or Tampa Bay but since Carolina is the underdog I'd have to go with them- also the Islanders against the Bruins and the Avalanche
against the Knights

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although not my favorite team, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay against Carolina - also the Islanders against the Bruins and the Avalanche
against the Knights
The only team that I root against is the Maple Leafs. I get so tired of their fans with their tin foil Stanley Cups.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to play gymnastics and handball, I was pretty passionate about the latter. I really do miss it at times.
As for watching sports, I usually just stick to international games, the winter Olympics are usually my favourite. But now with the European championship for football coming up, well probably be watching some of that as well. Handball still is one of my favourites to watch, just because I know the mechanics and tactics a bit.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did enjoy watching figure skating before they changed the rules/scoring. There seemed to be more variety in the programs before. So now I don't find any sport interesting to watch. I'm not that athletically inclined, so don't really participate in any.

I do enjoy watching marching bands (but consider football to be an interruption to the important bits)--in high school my daughter played the flute before becoming drum major, and in college is playing flute again. And trust me--there is a lot of athletics involved in what marching bands do on the field.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either Carolina or Tampa Bay but since Carolina is the underdog I'd have to go with them- also the Islanders against the Bruins and the Avalanche
against the Knights
I'm don't care much for either Bruins or Islanders, so they can go 7 games and wear each other out. I think I'm cheering for Montreal over Winnepeg since that was one heck of a comeback against the Leafs, and because Eric Staal is a Hab. The only reason I cheer for Vegas is because of Fleury. And of course I hope my Canes can come back against Tampa. I was happy Tampa won last year, but not a fan this year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm cheering for Montreal over Winnepeg
ABSOLUTELY! :thumbsup: I'm watching the game right now and they're winning 3 to 1 but it's only the second period. I hope they can keep up the lead.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ABSOLUTELY! :thumbsup: I'm watching the game right now and they're winning 3 to 1 but it's only the second period. I hope they can keep up the lead.
Good game, but scary hit. Hate seeing anyone taken off on a stretcher. Hope he's okay.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband got me into watching hockey. Otherwise I don't watch any sports on TV. Grew up playing basketball until high school. Swam on a local team from age 4 until Middle School. Played a season of soccer and softball but never liked either.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, I watched the likes of Gordie Howe and Stan Mikita, then later guys like Guy Lafleur and Gilbert Perrault. Those guys could skate, score, and, yes, fight if need be. The thuggery of the Flyers under Fred Shero, and the boring tactics of the Devils under Jacques Lemaire put a serious dent in my ability to watch games any more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its nice to see so many hockey fans here. My cousin played when I was a kid and most of my family watched. But down here I never hear about it. We didn’t even have an ice rink until maybe 10 years ago.

Everyone here plays or is into basketball. That and they run/ran track. Most kids play soccer. DH was a runner so he enjoys that; but to me its not that interesting to watch people essentially run around in their underwear with socks to their knees. :dunno:

But I think anything is better than nascar to me. I grew up having to hear it every Sunday because the tv backed to my bedroom. I got dragged to drag races too. Loud, hot and loud. Definitely not my cup of tea!:lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its nice to see so many hockey fans here. My cousin played when I was a kid and most of my family watched. But down here I never hear about it. We didn’t even have an ice rink until maybe 10 years ago.

Everyone here plays or is into basketball. That and they run/ran track. Most kids play soccer. DH was a runner so he enjoys that; but to me its not that interesting to watch people essentially run around in their underwear with socks to their knees. :dunno:

But I think anything is better than nascar to me. I grew up having to hear it every Sunday because the tv backed to my bedroom. I got dragged to drag races too. Loud, hot and loud. Definitely not my cup of tea!:lol:
When I was a kid, we lived close enough to the border to catch Hockey Night in Canada out of Toronto, back when there were still only 6 teams in the NHL, so I guess it was only natural to become a fan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a kid, we lived close enough to the border to catch Hockey Night in Canada out of Toronto, back when there were still only 6 teams in the NHL, so I guess it was only natural to become a fan
I suspect it’s too warm here. One time I saw a couple people riding snowmobiles (my father LOVES snowmobiling) and it was a shock. We can get hammered with snow; or we can get basically a dusting all winter. A lot of girls figure skated in my hometown too. I never hear it here. Its all gymnastics for girls.