Question of the Day - Monday, May 3, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 3 weeks of school left here! Summeritis is kicking in big time! And It's feeling very summer like instead of spring like; so I'm having to consider what my kids need for the summer earlier than I expected. And for myself! Kids often have growth spurts in the spring and around their birthdays; so that's a double whammy for DS. I've shopped too early before and it backfired! Now I've got DS in shorts from 2 summers ago. :lol2: DD has grown enough that I need to start shopping Juniors sections for tops and sundresses. I'm SO not ready! But it's cute to see her developing her own sense of style. She's definitely got a better one than I did at her age! :lol2::paperbag:

What's your style?

I am a jeans and t-shirt girl. Or at home it's athletic pantsI really prefer to be casual. You can look nicely put together and still casual. I have no patience for changing purses and things like that. For me; dressing up is wearing a sweater with jeans or a sweater with slacks. I don't wear dresses or skirts often anymore because they require shoes that hurt. I had to go with spanx for a wedding several years ago and I did look nice; but I won't vounatrily do that regularly! :flail:

In the summer it's easier to dress up at least. But I rarely do it. My church is more of a come-as-you-are place. So someone is in a suit and someone is in jeans and no one bats an eye. I like that. Most of my jobs were business causal so that wasn't bad. You can wear a more comfortable shoe that way. One job had me in scrubs and at first it was nice; but I got tired of it after a few months. Plus people thought i was a nurse or medical assistant; not clerical staff.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I once read that Jackie Kennedy bought an item of clothing in every color if she liked it. Since I am so much like Jackie :p I do the same thing. My "uniform" is skinny jeans with some sort of a V necked top....sweaters in winter and lightweights in summer. If I need a jacket I also have a very similar style in a variety of colors. I never wear any neckline that is like a T shirt. If I try to, I get like a dog who is trying to bite his collar off and start to pull at it and stretch it. My alternate is leggings with a tunic for exercise or running. I never wear dresses but have the "emergency" dress in case I have to put one on and the "emergency" shoes to go with it. I never wear any prints or designs but love plaids. Colors are pinks, reds, lavenders, purples, navys, teals. I also never wear black or white.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I live in the middle of nowhere and I've been self isolating since before it was cool. Working online for about 4 years now, so however I dress I dress to please myself.

I do a lot of gardening and walking, so I tend to wear outdoor gear. But even if I'm dressed like a lumberjack I try to make sure I'm a stylish lumberjack. Someone referred to me as a cool goth chick the other day and I was delighted!

:lol:

If I'm not doing anything where I'm likely to get muddy I wear either yoga pants and tops or, in the summer, sarongs or long skirts and cute little vests. Even though no one sees me I like to accessorize a bit. So I'll wear a pendant with a stone the same colour as my skirt or have nail varnish to match my hair colour.

I recently dyed my hair turquoise, so now I'm having fun trying to find things to go with that. Still looking for a turquoise face mask.

MsBuffy

“It’s Better to Sleep With Cats”
Kitten
Purraise
I Wear Men’s V-Neck T-Shirts in TALL around the House.
I buy them in White & Black in Packs of 3 or 6 depending on the Price😉
Other Colors are Available in Singles.
The Brands that are the LONGEST are
Fruit of the Loom & King Size (34-36”)
Hanes are Shorter and Cost More!

They hit about Mid-Thigh on me, which Make perfect for LEGGINGS & SKINNY JEANS, Lounging, & also as Nightgowns!
They also Remind me of the Oversized Tops From the 1980’s

I’m 5’10” & a 45” Bust, so I get a Big size, XXLT or XXXLT and Only in V-Neck which is open to the top of my Cleavage, and I wear CHAMPION Seamless Sport Bras in a Variety of Colors.
The White T’s can be Bleached & Oxi-Cleaned & Soaked too.

For Smaller Sizes, I recommend following the Size Chart for the Particular Brand, Going up One Size & Adding the Tall.
They can be TIE-DYED for a bit of Style and Certainly Accessorized!

In the Summer, I Cut some of the Sleeves Off, the Sleeves are a good Length Year ‘round Hitting at my Elbows.

Dealing with Animals, the Black Don’t Show Stains and the White are Bleached & Oxi-Cleaned.
I Always Hang Dry.

Even Better My Husband, 6’3” 250 Lbs Wears them too!
In Fact, He Steals them from me 😆 LoL

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a style. When I'm home I'm in yoga pants or "PJ pants" and t-shirt or sweatshirt...what ever is comfy. For work I wear the same thing everyday. Black athletic/yoga pants and a black athletic T-shirt or tunic style T-shirt. The only stipulation for our "uniform" is to wear black and make sure you look "put together" but can work comfortably. We can wear scrubs if we want as well. We bend, stretch and move around with our clients (physical/massage therapy).
As for my style when out and about. I go from jeans and plaid to a pretty sundress, leggings with tunics to cargo pants and T's and even a flowy skirt or denim shorts with a top. Sometimes I make a bit more effort to be "dressy" while others times I'm super casual...whatever I'm feeling that day. My only "rule" is I never wear jogging pants or PJ pants out in public.....there are many type of pants out there if you really just want to be comfy that day without having to look like you rolled out of bed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I Wear Men’s V-Neck T-Shirts in TALL around the House.
I buy them in White & Black in Packs of 3 or 6 depending on the Price😉
Other Colors are Available in Singles.
The Brands that are the LONGEST are
Fruit of the Loom & King Size (34-36”)
Hanes are Shorter and Cost More!

They hit about Mid-Thigh on me, which Make perfect for LEGGINGS & SKINNY JEANS, Lounging, & also as Nightgowns!
They also Remind me of the Oversized Tops From the 1980’s

I’m 5’10” & a 45” Bust, so I get a Big size, XXLT or XXXLT and Only in V-Neck which is open to the top of my Cleavage, and I wear CHAMPION Seamless Sport Bras in a Variety of Colors.
The White T’s can be Bleached & Oxi-Cleaned & Soaked too.

For Smaller Sizes, I recommend following the Size Chart for the Particular Brand, Going up One Size & Adding the Tall.
They can be TIE-DYED for a bit of Style and Certainly Accessorized!

In the Summer, I Cut some of the Sleeves Off, the Sleeves are a good Length Year ‘round Hitting at my Elbows.

Dealing with Animals, the Black Don’t Show Stains and the White are Bleached & Oxi-Cleaned.
I Always Hang Dry.

Even Better My Husband, 6’3” 250 Lbs Wears them too!
In Fact, He Steals them from me 😆 LoL
Welcome MsBuffy MsBuffy !!!!💖
Sweet Kitty in Profile Pic!
98fcc489c4edf2c37dc91d7659555877--welcome-gif-welcome-photos.jpg