Question of the Day - Monday, May 17, 2021

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ OK ... Three places you can stay away from : Texas, Florida☔ & Arizona .🔥🌞
I hear so many people say how Florida would be an awesome place to live but it would be my nightmare. My grandparents lived in Florida and there are some aspects of it that I can understand the appeal, but man that humidity...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hear so many people say how Florida would be an awesome place to live but it would be my nightmare. My grandparents lived in Florida and there are some aspects of it that I can understand the appeal, but man that humidity...
I went to the Nation Junior Classical League convention (🤓) in August in Tallahassee. It was stupid hot. It rained one night on the campus and the steam off the pavement was higher than the second floor windows. 😣

No snow sounds fabulous at times! But they can keep the heat and humidity! That’s why we chose to go to Disney in November. No one wanted to be there in the heat! It was actually chilly at night. :lol2:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate Florida, lol. It doesn't help that I've always been there in July because my parents have their school reunion then. Florida is absolutely miserable in July. I think we need to schedule a Disney trip in February as an antidote :D.

I know someone who moved from here to Fargo because she says it's too hot for her here. I thought she was crazy but as I get older, my heat tolerance goes down, so maybe she was on to something. I don't like the extreme cold either though. Too bad there aren't a lot of places that are a nice balmy 65-75 degrees all year 'round, and those that exist are crowded because everybody else had the same idea.

I don't have any particular plans for summer. All the things I travel for have been cancelled already, but there will probably be some local arts festivals and fairs and things I'll go to. And my friend who lives in Rapid City wants me to go visit, hopefully I can make that work.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I agree 💯 % . Nothing like a HOT rain shower every day ... 🔥☔😓💦