Question of the Day - Monday, March 8, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spring is SO close now I can almost taste it. I think we "spring" forward next week here too. So DH and I are working out our To Do lists for Spring. DH always has a project going on. He doens't really sit still well. At least not for long. He's currently rebuilding the cover for our crawl space entrance while planning out replanting our grass in our yard, rebuilding the ramp to our shed, power washing the house, painting the shutters.... You get the point. :lol: For me it's all about the garden right now. But man he has always made me feel like a slacker! I get tired just looking at his to do list. :lol:

Are you a procrastinator or a "get it done" kind of person?

I am both. :crazy: It just depends on what it is. If I get up first thing in the morning and can dive into what needs to be done; I get more done and it feels great. If I have a lot of interruptions it always ruins my motivation. So I'll procrastinate on things that I know I'm likely to not get done. Right now I'm playing catch-up on grading DD's math. (:bawling2:) And making a list of a few things we need to review because I see she didn't understand like I thought she did. (Fractions...blah.) DS has been requiring a lot of attention so I've not gotten much grading done during the day and put it off at night because 😴. And now I'm paying for it.

But there are other things that I can't stand to wait on. So hopefully in the end things balance out more than not. :rolleyes2: For now I need to get my head out of the garden and into decipering DD's handwriting on this math sheet here... :think:🔍:think:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother used to ask me this question, "Why are you always in a hurry?"

Because he observes I want things done asap, and get so frustrated when I can't finish them on a specific time I planned it. I always believe that I have to finish all the things first before I can sit down. It is also usually the reason why my hubby and I argue a lot.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am both as well, it depends on what it is. When it comes to things like money and paying bills I get things done. With most things at work I do not procrastinate. When it comes to things like laundry and cleaning I procrastinate until things become a have to. I used to be the same way with going to the Supermarket, I would be on the last roll of toilet paper and last of the milk. With the months of hit or miss with the pandemic I am out of that habit. We will see if I go back to procrastinating. I was the way I am now when the kids were still at home.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was working, I had to do this, I had to do that, this had to get done, that had to be finished. I worked during the day and I had a lot of night meetings for planning stuff. Wednesday nights were for laundry, Sundays were for laundry. Housework on weekends. It was crazy, but in order to stay ahead of it all, it had to be done that way. It didn't take long for me to fall behind, unless I kept up with it all.

Since I retired, I've become more of a catch-as-catch-can person. I still do laundry twice a week (simply because we're on a well); it's a lot less drain on the well if I do four loads of laundry a week instead of doing it all in one day. The house is a lot cleaner because I'm home now to clean when I feel like it and, as long as I do a bit every day, it's not as frenzied as it was when I was working.

Rick is the finance whiz around here. He's good with paying the bills. That doesn't mean I don't know what's going on financially. I do. But if I ask him to do something or help me with something, it won't get done right away. For example, I've been wanting to clean the chest freezer in the basement now for two weeks. And there it was. But the other day, I heard him in the basement. I went downstairs and he was removing the food from the freezer to clean it. He knows things have to be done, but he does those things on his time. When he gets around to it. It used to make me crazy, but I've learned to live with it. It will get done, just not as soon as I wanted it. And that's OK.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As everyone else here, I'm both. I never let finances or my work slide. And there are a few chores that get done right away. But as for cleaning and clutter....I'm such a procrastinator. I also tend to put myself on the backburner. I even started a thread on here as I attempt to get my poop together, as a way to hold me accountable! I also have a huge "to do" list of things I want to accomplish that has yet to come to fruition...but they are not critical, so I put them off.
On the other hand, once I get in my head that I will do something, and get going on the project...I'm like a bull and don't stop till it's done. I can't leave a project unfinished...which is sort of part of the problem. If I don't think I can finish something in a certain time frame (over a weekend for example)...I won't start it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am most certainly a “get it done” person. There may be a few insignificant things I procrastinate on but otherwise I tend to just plow through especially if it is something I dislike doing. And I love working through a plan. In my work career I was subject to interruptions and the need to switch gears at a seconds notice so the true luxury of retirement is to be able to make a plan for the day or a project and actually follow through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can definitely relate to being a different person at work. I used to think it was BECAUSE I was handling so much at work that I slacked at home. I was worn out. I remember one doctor I worked for came to the desk and asked about the paperwork I had in one of those stacking bins. I knew exactly what was in each bin and where I was with it. She was like "Oh." :lol: I wanted to say "I'm your Biller, Transcriber, Receptionist and assistant. Juggling is my job description!" :lol: And I did a good job there. But at home...all that juggling without end is not so fun. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't sit still very well (thanks ADHD), so I get stuff done. Usually end up with people telling me to "take a break."
DH has a friend like that. Its nice because he’s always eager to lend a hand. Its not nice when people take advantage. 😕