Question of the Day - Monday, March 1, 2021

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to pretty up my balcony by adding some planter boxes and pretty flowers!!! I'm a pretty bad gardener, though, and a lot of research is in store for me. In the past I never took this idea anywhere, but seeing that I'll be staying and working from home for quite a while still, I want to make my balcony more welcoming and enjoyable 🌷

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Work on getting someone out to fix our house.....water and carpenter ant damage from last year...:(....but we have to wait for the snow to be gone. I have to call the city to force my neighbor to demolish and remove his garage (I think that's where the carpenter ants came from...it's actually collapsing, and poses a threat) I also want to build planter boxes for the deck, plant veggies for my garden, do a complete overhaul on some of my flower beds and of course, clean up the yard (the regular clean up stuff).
Ugh good luck!! We had to start having pest treatment after they finally demolished the house next door to us. So if they do; maybe look into what you can do to deter any pests from scattering toward your house before they start! The pest company said that disturbing the ground and running heavy equipment will make them scatter so it’s likely where they came from here.
I want to pretty up my balcony by adding some planter boxes and pretty flowers!!! I'm a pretty bad gardener, though, and a lot of research is in store for me. In the past I never took this idea anywhere, but seeing that I'll be staying and working from home for quite a while still, I want to make my balcony more welcoming and enjoyable 🌷
I grow petunias in window boxes every year. They do really well. The “wave” petunias that come in pink trays are best! Almost all of my flowers are potted. Just make sure your planters drain well (i put drainage stone in the bottom of mine) and use potting soil. I got garden soil once and it was a mess. :lol: Oh and forgot to drill holes in my pots. Double whammy! :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh good luck!! We had to start having pest treatment after they finally demolished the house next door to us. So if they do; maybe look into what you can do to deter any pests from scattering toward your house before they start! The pest company said that disturbing the ground and running heavy equipment will make them scatter so it’s likely where they came from here.
When we had pest control out during the summer, we got a one year "warranty", so my plan is to have them come in the spring for prevention around the same time I call the city, and HOPEFULLY it will get taken care of before the end of July when my one year is up. When I see some work getting done, I'll have them come back again. This neighbor also has his house up for sale atm, so depending on who buys it...it may get demolished quickly.