Question of the Day, Monday, June 7, 2021

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basic medium length with bangs middle part. Then I cut it just above the shoulders. Then started to grow my bangs out...continued with the same above the shoulders length. With the long/no bangs, I had more of a side part. When I hit puberty my hair started to curl, but just looked messy and kinky, like I never brushed it. After seeing if getting layers added to my hair would make it more manageable, I ended up with an afro for a few years until it started to grow out. Seriously, I walked into the salon with shoulder length messy hair, and walked out with the afro. That was an awful hair stage! I had no idea how to care for it so I basically had this fuzzy blond puff ball on the top of my head. My hair has been curly ever since, although I know how care for it and it's much longer now so looks much better!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long with no bangs (except for a year in high school because my younger sister convinced me to have bangs).That is unless you count when my mother would cut it. I may have mentioned that I am estranged from my parents and two of my sisters. I have not spoken to my parents in 21 years. One of the main reasons is because my mother was abusive and extremely Catholic. (I was expected to become a nun, since I was considered the "least attractive daughter.") I know that I have admitted to being vain about my hair. Well, before I was vain about it, I used to hate it because it was different from my sisters' hair. My mother observed me brushing it for "too long" while looking in the mirror when I was in 6th grade. She wanted to teach me the "sin" of vanity, so she cut it extremely short and unevenly. (She was a beautician, so she knew how to cut hair.) Some bits were near the scalp, some were about 2" long. She did that off and on until the beginning of 8th grade. After that, I started to wonder if she thought I was vain because my hair was pretty. Now, I am rather vain when it comes to it, which is why it is 34" long! Haha!

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't allowed to have my hair cut growing up (cutting it was considered vanity) so my hair was pretty long. It usually was down or in a ponytail or braids.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
In sixth grade I got what they called the Mia Farrow Cut. :)
Then I grew it and it stayed that way for a long time.