Question of the Day, Monday, June 7, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My subconscious is convinced it’s Tuesday even though I’m certain its Monday. DH is off today and its our anniversary so we are trying to decide what to do. He already gave me a big bag of Lindors! :yummy:

What was you childhood hair style?

A friend was considering bangs yesterday and asked my opinion. I told her I’m still traumatized from the 80s bangs so my vote was no.:lol2:

My hair was usually a little longer than my shoulders or just above them. But I had those bangs that start at the middle of your head. 😣 Fortunately my uncle was a barber and my aunt was self taught but capable so they took care of most of my trims. Growing out those bangs as a teen was such a pain! First I thinned them because that was in. Eventually I grew it all out. No bangs for me!:lol: I also grew my hair to my waist after that pixie. It took years!:lol2:

There was also a perm in there (by Grandma) that I hated until they became loose curls. And then a “permed pixie” that I referred to as “a boy cut” but it matched my moms hair. This is why I try to give my kids choice in their hair. I only intervene if I think its going to be a serious regret at this point.:lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:it was whatever my mom decided until i grew old enough to have my own sense of style and how i wanted my hair cut then it was long bangs skater style then shaved head with long bangs still:lol:until it became a shaved bald head" county jail hair cut" by time i hit high school then to a bic shaved headthat i still have today just cleaner and neater that way plus no gray or growing forehead to be noticed with a bald head:lol:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I had very short hair when I was a kid. Back in the day we called it “Apple Cut”. It was horrible. LOL.

it was only when I was in college that I grew my hair long.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine was long, no bangs, until I was 7 or 8, then I wanted it cut short. It wasn't very short, and my hair is kind of wavy so it might have been an '80s bowl cut but my hair didn't cooperate, lol. And when I started growing it out again, yes, I had thick bangs, half my head. And I fluffed them good, darn it! Lots of hair spray. Ah, the '90s were tacky. I'm not sure when I started growing my bangs out, if I still qualified as a kid at that point, but I managed to grow them all out and wore my hair in a ponytail with no bangs most of the time.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had it medium length when I was really young, and then bangs, and then I hated bangs because they always got in my eyes, and then fairly long hair, and then bangs AGAIN (don’t know what I was thinking! :lol: ) and then long, and then medium length, and then long, and then medium length, and then long again, and now it’s short and I can’t decide if I want to keep it short or grow it out.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the exception of a few times when my father gave me a brush cut wth the electric cattle clippers, my hair style was strictly 1950s Jerry Mathers Leave it to Beaver. By the time that long hair for guys became a thing, Uncle Sam was dictating hairstyles for me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually shoulder length with badly cut bangs because my mom didn't want to pay just for a bangs trim. I was afraid to grow them out before high school because I was told my forehead was too big, and maybe it is, but it's so much easier not dealing with them, so I plan to skip the bangs stage with J entirely.

When I was about 8, my mom talked me into a chin length bob and I hated it, so grew my hair long, but didn't have great hygiene, so it was greasy and gross. Puberty and childhood weren't kind to me. As an adult I've tended to do collar length to long (aside from one bob the first time I donated my hair). It's long now, but I'd like to go back to shoulder length - long enough to braid back, but less to brush and worry about. I have straight, fine hair, but a lot of it, btw.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long. My mom was "traumatized" as a child from having to get a pixie cut following an incident with bubblegum so she never wanted us to have short hair. Now as adults, my sister and almost never have long hair because we hate it. My hair right now is the longest it has been in over two decades because I haven't gotten a haircut in two years (first because of COVID and then secondly because I decided to donate it since it's gotten long enough to do that).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've run the whole gamut of hairstyles.Mostly I remember the pixie cut that was done with a razor...Oh My!My hair has been just about every length,but at my age I hate messing with it,so a pixie is for me.