Question of the Day - Monday, June 27, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I missed last week's question! The day got away from me. We've been having some nice summer adventures lately that have got me out of my routine. My kids and I even caught a "side" event by getting to go meet an author and hear her talk about her latest book. DD brought a tiny notebook and took notes. :redheartpump: (I'm not sure what she actually wrote down; but the author did talk about research and the process of writing so that was cool to me.) I got my kids signed up for the summer reading program at one of the local libraries. I can use an app to track their reading. DD already got her hours in but can earn more tickets for the drawing. DS is getting close. When I was a kid those kind of things never really motivated me. It often had the opposite effect instead. But if it works for my kids; lets go for it! I just need to keep up with entering their daily reading. :dizzy:

Do you like participating in competitions and challenges?

I'm not a competitive person. They tend to de-motivate me even if it's something I'm naturally more interested in. One of my friends was working for a big banking company doing business collections after she graduated from college and they lived by competition. They had a digital leader board that would list the top performers and they would get rewards. But if you didn't do well you might lose your job. One month she was the top performer and got an ipod. The next she didn't do so well and it literally almost cost her job. I would NEVER do well in that kind of environment. :headshake:

I've never enjoyed sports. I used to like doing board game nights with my friends but we never got competitive over them. I'd prefer games that don't require a lot of strategy. Things like bowling and mini-golf or carnival games are fun. I guess some people make them more competitive; but we never have. DS pretty much just whacks the ball around till it gets in the hole when we mini-golf anyway. :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I'm hard enough on myself to succeed that I don't need the extra competition against others. I do love playing board games though...and I do try to win of course...but it's just different because it's fun competition.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are certain things I like competing it. I'm doing the TCS wordle challenge every week, after all. :lol: Some things I don't want to do, but end up feeling competitive anyway (more athletic pursuits). It's like I can't help myself, even if there's no way of winning.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i am comptetive i can honestly make the claim i am lucky enough to have the best educated and most devoted woman that loves me compared to any other men i know. out of family and friends can brag about plus she helped save my life during my stroke.when it comes to fishing its all about bragging rights biggest always wins over most caught

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only competitive sport that I engaged in was bowling, and I was pretty good at it until arthritis brought that to a screeching halt. As for challenges, those mostly arise from trying to figure out how to accomplish the projects that Michele dreams up.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my interests and hobbies don't have competitions or challenges associated with them. I would like to submit some of my work (whether that be cross stitching, crocheting, or pottery) to the state fair though. Maybe that will be a goal for next year.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up introvert, and even until now I have low self - esteem despite the many occasions I have proven my worth. I am also not a sporty person.

So no, I do not like competitions or challenges.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've competed in organized sports for many years starting in seventh grade. In my best sport, I competed in tournaments in Atlanta, Washington, DC and points in between. In school I won several awards, none of them that meaningful. One was a trophy for best showing in a three school sports day. I won the chess tournament and threw a frisbee the farthest and placed second in another event. It was fun!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was competitive in school. I always won the spelling bees, (remember those, ha?) In grammar school, I wanted to misspell the winning word so the other guy would win but I didn;t. Fourth grade, I had a huge crush on him. He was a poor loser of that match and I didn't mind one bit beating him after that.

I am very competitive playing WordswithFriends, have met a lot of nice people from all over the world. :hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I dreaded those in class!! If I was as sassy as I am now I'd have answered wrong early on to get out of it! :lol:
ha!!!!! Keith was really angry when I won the multiplication bee, hee, hee

Ours were volunteer only. Growing up, I only had my three imaginary friends, James, Daisy, and Lowery for companionship so
my mother taught me to read when I was three so I could spell fairly well when I began school and had real friends.Gets kinda'
lonely around here with just me and Cal? Maybe they'll come to see me, hee, hee :lol2: :clap: