Question of the Day - Monday, June 24, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is it the last Monday of JUNE already!? I mean it FEELS like summer here; but a full month has gone by since the end of the school year. Remember when summer seemed to last forever?

What is your summer footwear preference?

I used to be barefoot as much as possible. But these days I keep something on my feet most of the time. If I lived in the right climate; I'd wear sandals year round. I just like the freedom and lack of restriction. Easy on; easy off. At least with most of the ones I wear. It's pretty easy to find ones with good arch support too; as long as you stick to flat soles. All my sneakers and other shoes get supports added; but in the summer I don't have to think about it as much.

DH on the other hand prefers an athletic shoe with good stable heel and properly shaped toe box. He's SUPER picky. Even in the hottest weather he is in a full shoe. My feets want to breath! :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear plain old flip flops around the house. I have leather sandals that I wear when I go somewhere and a pair of Skechers GoWalks for a daily walk or at least what I try to make a daily walk.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm barefoot all the time when I'm in my house, but when I leave the house in the summer I pretty much only use my slip-on Keds-like shoes or my tennis shoes. I primarily use the tennis shoes though because they actually have support. I can tell when I wear my non-supportive shoes by how my feet feel at the end of the day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wear sandals all summer long but not flip flops because they have no support for me. In the house I'm usually barefoot. In the yard I wear clogs or an old pair of running shoes if I'm weeding/planting.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seeing this on Tuesday but oh well!
I would love to wear sandals, but I have an extra shoesole (if that's the right word for the underside of your shoes) so my right shoe has to have two centimeters of extra height because that leg is shorter. It's almost impossible to find sandals sturdy enough to get them tailored like that. So sneakers it is for me!

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seeing this on Tuesday but oh well!
I would love to wear sandals, but I have an extra shoesole (if that's the right word for the underside of your shoes) so my right shoe has to have two centimeters of extra height because that leg is shorter. It's almost impossible to find sandals sturdy enough to get them tailored like that. So sneakers it is for me!
I am in the same boat. No sandals for me and I have a custom orthotic for the leg length difference.