Question of the Day - Monday, July 12, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's my step-sister's birthday and she is now overdue with her 5th baby. About a week ago I told my step-dad "I hope she has him on her birthday!" And now thatt she is ovedue I feel bad for saying that! (But watch him come today...her oldest 2 kids share a birthday and her 3rd was born on a cousin's birthday... it's like it's how she rolls. :flail:)

Were you born on your due date? How about your kids if you have them?
(I'm assuming most people know the answer to this question because my mother just LOVED to tell me every single year. :rolleyes2::lol:)

My mother went into labor on her due date but I wasn't born until the next afternoon. My kids were 3 and 2 weeks early.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually due October 8th, but my mom had pretty severe pre-eclampsia. I was making her blood pressure skyrocket, and both of us could've died, so they induced her on September 25th. I was born thirty minutes after noon.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was due June 3rd and born on June 4th. My nieces were both early. Noelle was due May 15th and born May 14th. My sister got induced on the 13th though because her doctor insisted my sister was diabetic despite none of the tests showing she was, so they wanted my niece out before she "got too big." She was 6lbs when she was born. :rolleyes3: Mimi was due August 13th, I believe but born August 9th. My sister did have gestational diabetes with her, but she was very diligent on keeping it under control so Mimi was also in the 6lb range.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was late (as usual). I'm not sure how late though. Not very. DD was due March 11th. She was born the morning of the 12th.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the doctor clearly screwed up in telling my mother her due date (he said January--I was born 3/3 and was not overdue at all, but he used LMP and the 'almighty wheel'). So I'm not sure what my true due date would be, but if I use the calculators available now (with defaults and using their wedding date for the LMP--truth is my mother was so highly irregular that those methods aren't particularly accurate), then the answer is no--due date would have been 2/27. So it is not outside the realm of possibility that if accurate information had been available, I might have been born on the actual due date.

Oldest son, no--due date 10/23, actual dob is 10/2. I distinctly remember upon arriving at the hospital (I beat my dr by a half hour, so was first seen by whoever the attending was) being asked what my due date was, and thinking "you are *not* going to make this baby stay put that long". Still wish I could've seen the nasty nurse who let me in--my water had broken, and I called my dr who said "you are further along than you think you are, go straightaway to the hospital"--she said in kind of a sneering tone "So you think your water broke, and you're a first time mom?" and begrudgingly admitted me. That was at 4:30am when I was admitted, my dr arrived at 5:00, did an exam and said, "whenever you feel the urge, you may start pushing". Son was born at 5:33am.
Middle son was a preemie, due date 6/7, actual dob 4/29.
Twins -- no way-- due date for a singleton would've been 3/25; they were born 2/28.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 2 weeks earlier than my due date, my mom thinks the doctors didn't figure it right, plus she was irregular. My next brother was 2 weeks after his due date--again, she thinks the doctors were wrong. Of course nowadays they would have induced but he came naturally.

With my youngest brother, she knew exactly when she got pregnant, because my dad was gone for 6 weeks, home for 5 days, then gone for another 6 weeks, so she figured her own due date. The doctor had his own idea but obviously she didn't agree with him, lol. He came exactly on the date she figured, but about a week before the doctor's date.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My original due date was supposed to be on my brothers birthday, but my Mother had a cesarean section and I was born a bit earlier.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born about two weeks late, but the methods way back then for determining due date were pretty inexact. My son was born four days before his due date.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what my due date was, but it was around the time I was born, but not exactly. So I was close but not exact. I assume late by a day or two.

My mom thought my brother would be due closer to the end of February, but the doctor thought around Valentine's day, and he was born on Valentine's day, so either the doctor was right or my brother was about ten days early. My sister was two weeks late and they were getting ready to induce.

My daughter was due December 31st, my water broke on the 28th and she was born the 29th, so two days early.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a wee bit late, thank goodness! Because I was late, my grandmother was able to convince my parents not to name me Sunshine Morticia Erin Last Name.

I am actually not bothered by the "Morticia" part, but "Sunshine" would have been awful. Firstly, I do not have a sunny disposition. Secondly, and I have Polymorphic Light Eruption (PLE), which is a type of allergy to the sun. I get a rash and become nauseated with a fever and a headache. I would have been a walking irony.

My children were 5 weeks and 6 weeks early; however, I had them on the day I said I would. I went into labor with my son on the morning of 1 August. I did not have him until the early evening of 2 August. (It was my fourth time in labor with him.) Similar thing with my daughter, but I was on bedrest longer with her and only had three labors with her. I went into labor for the last time around 5 pm on 16 November. They had planned to induce me on 21 November for various reasons, and they considered trying to stop it. Things got rough around the 30-hour mark, but I ended up having a 51-hour labor with her, making her birthday 18 November.

When the doctor told me each time that they were going to let labor progress, I told my then husband the dates and the general time that they would be born. I wish I had been wrong! Haha!

My husband was born on his due date after a short labor.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was precisely on time and my mom had a short labor, a little less than three hours. She had the first labor pains about 8:00 p.m. and I popped out at 10 to eleven.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My children were 5 weeks and 6 weeks early; however, I had them on the day I said I would. I went into labor with my son on the morning of 1 August. I did not have him until the early evening of 2 August. (It was my fourth time in labor with him.) Similar thing with my daughter, but I was on bedrest longer with her and only had three labors with her. I went into labor for the last time around 5 pm on 16 November. They had planned to induce me on 21 November for various reasons, and they considered trying to stop it. Things got rough around the 30-hour mark, but I ended up having a 51-hour labor with her, making her birthday 18 November.

When the doctor told me each time that they were going to let labor progress, I told my then husband the dates and the general time that they would be born. I wish I had been wrong! Haha!

My husband was born on his due date after a short labor.
Hobbit was early too, iirc! Starting a pattern there.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No. Nobody really knows what my due date was. Mom had uterine cancer while pregnant with me, and didn't know it. She had stopped menstruating a couple of months before she actually became pregnant, and assumed (I was not planned) that she was pregnant, and I was due in early May. Dad even wrote "Due on May 10th" on a slip of paper, which my Mom kept in her jewelry box until the day she died. May 10th was crossed out, then "Due late June", and that was also crossed out! I arrived on July 30th! I may have been late, though, as I weighed 9lbs, 10 oz. Poor Mom--when she was in labor, the hospital's A/C was out--during a heat wave. After three boys, she was convinced she was having another boy. She was so happy that she finally, after twenty years, had her little girl, and got so excited, she starting running a fever. She told me that they sedated her because she was too excited. I had a head full of red hair, and was big, so the nurses (they kept you in the hospital for a few days back then) nicknamed me "Big Sweetie". Mom said I was their favorite, and they'd trip over each other in order to take care of me. I think Mom may have made some of that up! During a post-natal check-up (Pap tests were not common then), she asked the doctor to do one (she was an O/B/Gyn nurse herself). They discovered the cancer, and she had a hysterectomy, so I was the last kid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i was born the night of october 16th being the first born i guess thats normal according to women talk i have heard about the first kid always taking the longest in labor etc.
Yeah that’s why i was completely unprepared for my first to arrive 3 weeks early. :lol: For some reason I was still not truly prepared for DS either. Although I technically drove myself to the hospital so that kind of made me feel extra tough or something.:lol:

I knew the dates of conception with both my kids because we were actively trying to conceive both times. My doctor went off the traditional 28 day cycle anyway. So my due dates should have been 3-5 days later.