Question of the Day - Monday, July 12, 2021

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
margecat margecat I love that! I wanted a redhead like DH and SIL! I’m glad your mom was able to discover the cancer and get that taken care of!

One of my high school classmates has had 3 +9lb babies! All red or auburn haired too.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hobbit was early too, iirc! Starting a pattern there.
Yes, he was seven weeks early and soooooooo small!My Hobbit Baby with the giant feet!

Both of my children were big for their gestational age. 7 lbs 6 oz and 6 lbs 7 oz. Their father was over 10 lbs when he was born, so I lucked out!

My daughter has a kidney disorder that causes her to have high blood pressure and she developed preeclampsia and started having seizures. She also shares one of my heart conditions.

I was a mess when I was pregnant with my two! I have two heart conditions and an irritable uterus, so I spent a lot of time on bed rest. I had preeclampsia with my daughter and had a condition called PUPP, which is basically an allergy to pregnancy. It was worse with my son. I could not wait for them to be born! When the doctor suggested that they stop my labor again with my daughter, I started crying. I said, "I am going to end up having her on the 18th! That is just a couple of days before the 21st. Please, please, do not make me stay pregnant!"

I am also a very mean pregnant person. It is like having PMDD times 1,000! Each of the times I have been pregnant, I swear, my hatred for everything told me before anything else! (I am normally not a hate-filled rage monster, I promise!)

One of my three sisters also has an irritable uterus. Her due dates for her two youngest boys were 3 July and 5 July one year apart. The 3 July one was born on 21 April. The 5 July one was born 28 April the following year. (Both were birth control babies!)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed 9lbs, 10 oz
My dad was nearly 11 pounds (she probably had gestational diabetes), and breech, and they did NOT do a c-section! He tore his poor mother all up and the doctors told her not to have any more. She went on to have 3 more. . .but the next one wasn't until 4 years later so I suppose she should have been healed by then. I don't know if he was over or under his due date though!

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that’s why i was completely unprepared for my first to arrive 3 weeks early. :lol: For some reason I was still not truly prepared for DS either. Although I technically drove myself to the hospital so that kind of made me feel extra tough or something.:lol:

I knew the dates of conception with both my kids because we were actively trying to conceive both times. My doctor went off the traditional 28 day cycle anyway. So my due dates should have been 3-5 days later.
I was tracking, too, but had only been off birth control for a few months and wasn't sure what my normal cycle length was, but was sure about when I ovulated. My first ultrasound had her measuring two days ahead, but we didn't change my due date. I wonder if it makes a difference when implantation happens a couple days here or there.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was born a week late. My husband was a week early. With our first child, I was admitted and induced on my due date but he came via Ceasarean the next day, after 30 hours labor. With our second, I had preeclampsia and he was born RCS 2.5 weeks early.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was 10 days late, which my mum was very happy about. January 1st isn't exactly the best date, given the new year's celebration and all that. Now we have some time to recollect ourselves before my birthday.
My brother was a bit late as well if I remember, around the same amount of time. He was almost born in April first, my mum would have to have him on the second. But it because the 31st of March instead.
I don't have any kids of my own.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was tracking, too, but had only been off birth control for a few months and wasn't sure what my normal cycle length was, but was sure about when I ovulated. My first ultrasound had her measuring two days ahead, but we didn't change my due date. I wonder if it makes a difference when implantation happens a couple days here or there.
Maybe. I only had an early ultasound with DD. It was 17 cycles of tracking with DD so I really got to know myself. :rolleyes2:
My mom told me I was late - she said it's better to be well done, lol. :lol: And I was late with both my children.
I've been able to see the differences in coming early vs on time. Fully baked is definitely preferable. Even if that last month of pregnancy last for 3,592 days! :crazy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe. I only had an early ultasound with DD. It was 17 cycles of tracking with DD so I really got to know myself. :rolleyes2:
Oh wow, yeah you would really know yourself well! I was on the pill and then I had a 27 day cycle, 28 anovulatory one, a short 24 day, and then the fourth one was 278 days :p . I hear they can be a bit off once you get off bc, so I'm not sure what my general cycle length is.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very early. My twin sister and I were due in December. We were born in early October. My mom had to have a C-section because I wasn't getting any food in womb anymore and would have died. We had so many health problems the first two years of our lives but we are completely normal health wise now thankfully. If anyone's curious, I weighed 1 lb 13 oz. My sister was a little over 2 lbs.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very early. My twin sister and I were due in December. We were born in early October. My mom had to have a C-section because I wasn't getting any food in womb anymore and would have died. We had so many health problems the first two years of our lives but we are completely normal health wise now thankfully. If anyone's curious, I weighed 1 lb 13 oz. My sister was a little over 2 lbs.
My nephews were both between 2 and 3 lbs. They are not twins, just born very early a year apart from each other. Even an ounce makes a huge difference when babies are that small! I cannot imagine how tiny you were! My goddness!

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephews were both between 2 and 3 lbs. They are not twins, just born very early a year apart from each other. Even an ounce makes a huge difference when babies are that small! I cannot imagine how tiny you were! My goddness!
I think we were about a foot long? Super tiny. We were not cute babies :lol: . Our skin was a reddish color and we had medical tubes everywhere on us.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole was born Caesarian so I was as well. Doc chose the date September 22

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea.
You mean your mother didn't make informing you a part of every single birthday celebration!? :lol: (Something I hated on every single birthday and still don't understand having 2 kids of my own! :lol:)
Oh wow, yeah you would really know yourself well! I was on the pill and then I had a 27 day cycle, 28 anovulatory one, a short 24 day, and then the fourth one was 278 days :p . I hear they can be a bit off once you get off bc, so I'm not sure what my general cycle length is.
I don't think it took long to go back to my normal cycle lengths. But now I pay close attention because I'm good with 2. :crazy::lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I searched for this post to comment again because I saw my parents today and asked my mom if she remembered my due date and she said she thinks it was July 24, but no later than the 26th so I was a couple days early.

What's funny is that assuming the 24th, I came two days before my due date, same as J. And I was born at like 8:51 PM, and she was 8:46 AM. Just some fun similarities.