Question of the Day - Monday, January 24, 2022

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Can you get time locked in the bathroom with a tub full of bubble bath? Maybe some nice cheese toast? That gives you the nice crunch and the cheese taste? When we have little ones we do need a little time to regroup. Whatever simple pleasure you can get and whatever private moments you can get bring you back feeling a little rejuvenated. I’ll try to refrain from posting Cheetos until you tell me you can have them again.
Keep reading this thread and maybe you’ll start craving something you can have. I’m craving everything here now! Sweet , red delicious apples! I can’t have them but all this Apple stuff makes me want one! Ummmmm.
I can't have any cheese or dairy because I'm still breastfeeding and J failed step one of the dairy ladder last time we tried. We're due to try again in February, so hopefully soon.

A bubble bath sounds nice. I did get a shower at lunch, but that isn't very long at all. And my husband tried taking the baby, but I started cleaning the bathrooms instead, and it only lasted about 15-20 minutes before she started fussing and wanting me.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they similar to plantains? I craved those so much when I was pregnant with my son! I only recently found a local place that makes those; but it's not something to eat often and they don't have them at all times.
I am not sure but I think it's not. Those are fried saba bananas with melted brown sugar. In our country we call it banana-Q. I have not eaten that for 3 years!

Like these:

1643085715904.png

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I second or third Cheetos. The crunchy ones.

Also a peanut buster parfait, even though it's going to snow tonight and tomorrow.

And some crusty on the outside soft on the inside hot buttered garlic bread.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread with home made butter.
I'm also craving cornbread with butter and chili. I just recently starting liking cornbread especially when it is baked with onion and corn.

I've also been craving cheese cake, ramen noodles and Cheetos. I'll be going to the Dollar Tree this morning where I can get some ramen and fake cheetos. Not that good but will do until I can get the real thing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure but I think it's not. Those are fried saba bananas with melted brown sugar. In our country we call it banana-Q. I have not eaten that for 3 years!

Like these:

View attachment 408738
That reminds me a bit of bananas foster. I'm sure it's a bit different, but looks pretty yummy!

Edit, I found bananacue on Wikipedia. IT does indeed look delicious and like something I'd love. If I ever make it to the Philippines, I'll have to get some!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I'm craving alone time. Like actual all by myself alone time. Without responsibility.
:yeah:

food wise Ive been wanting bread sticks, plain ones like I got at the store at Christmas, but they never have them. Finally found out they only make them for holidays. The frozen kind all have garlic or cheese or other junk like that. Other than that, just food that tastes good because nothing does anymore (I did not have Covid, so that's not why. It's all the additives they're using now and garlic in everythimg)..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Like these:

View attachment 408738
Those look yummy! I’d definitely try that! If I understand it right; plantains being prepared sweet or savory depends in how ripe the plantain is. They are probably considered the same family so I imagine I’d enjoy them! I don’t think I’ve ever had our typical bananas cooked so that’s why I’m mentally comparing them to that.

Next week I’m ordering extra bananas and setting a few aside for banana bread.:yummy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sabas are a bit different from Cavendish (the primary varietal in the US) but you can try Bananas Foster, which is so yummy! I don't do it all fancy either; just put some butter and brown sugar on a split banana and toss it in the air fryer until it looks good. Cooking really intensifies the flavor of bananas.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
If I ever make it to the Philippines,
I hope when you visit my country I'd be there to show you around for a free tour. You can also stay at our humble home if you wish, for free of course. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope when you visit my country I'd be there to show you around for a free tour. You can also stay at our humble home if you wish, for free of course. :)
I'd love a tour! It's nice to dream. I miss traveling, but with Covid and the baby, I feel like out of state is probably the most I can hope for in the near future.

That looks really good too Maria Bayote Maria Bayote ! I love trying foods from different cultures. I draw the line at things like bugs or raw meats; but its fun to try things.
I also draw the line at bugs. I love sushi, so I think the raw meat has already happened.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also draw the line at bugs. I love sushi, so I think the raw meat has already happened.
I am not completely opposed to sushi. I just want to trust the source! My neighbor from China makes a maki sushi with cooked, fried shrimp that is good. She brought DS some for his birthday last year and I ate more than he did. (He adores her. She’s very sweet and listens to him prattle on…) My mother’s hairdresser’s husband (the niece of my stylist) is a chef at a local Japanese restaurant. I’d try theirs when we go but its definitely a bit intimidating to pick things out. I probably need a sampler plater or something. But otherwise…. I’m not willing to risk it. I had some horrible bout with either a quick virus that DH didn’t catch or food poisoning after eating out when we were engaged. It was the sickest I have ever been and ended up at the ER. I’m not overly cautious with most foods; but raw sushi just seems more risky. I do like a little pink in my steak though. 🤔

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Naan and a rich dhal. Have been for ages.. it's not about it not being available, it's about my body just not able to handle them anymore. I think that's terribly unfair, but there you go.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Naan and a rich dhal. Have been for ages.. it's not about it not being available, it's about my body just not able to handle them anymore. I think that's terribly unfair, but there you go.
I googled. That looks yummy! And that’s definitely not fair. 😞