Question of the Day - Monday, January 24, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
January is a week from being over so that means we are almost a month away from the weather improving here. Ya gotta look for the bright side! :lol:

What are you craving?

I've been craving banana bread for the last 3 days. I got a new Scentsy bar; Banana Nut Bread, and it smells like I've been baking. I did get bananas in my last grocery order; but DS will likely eat them before they get ripe enough to use in baking. I should have ordered a few extra just for this! I won't add nuts though. If I happen to make enough for 2 breads I might add some blueberries. If I manage to get properly ripe bananas!

I've been on a terrible pickle kick too. Like the good, crunchy kind you get in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. I got one a couple weeks ago but one wasn't enough. We have a local store that sells bulk goods repackaged and they have a nice deli section with cheeses and things too. So I bought 2 containers of pickles there. SO good. And so much cheaper. I found nice size dill pickles and paid $2.85 for about a pound. I got a similar size "sweet candied crosscuts" and they were about the same price. Even my non-pickle eater thought those were pretty good; for a pickle. :lol: I try not to go nuts; with stuff like that. But a pickle can really liven up a sandwich lunch. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love pickles! I canned relish, bread and butter pickles, and lime pickles last summer. They are so good. I'd like to can the little sweet gherkins this year, if we get enough cukes in the garden.

Honestly, right now? I'm not craving anything. I'm coconutted-out at this point and don't want to see another coconut cake for....well....a year or so. And that was my big craving.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am craving foods that I only get to eat when I am in my country, like those unripened banana deep fried and coated with sugar. I also crave coconut choco milk and pour it on rice with salted fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
like those unripened banana deep fried and coated with sugar.
Are they similar to plantains? I craved those so much when I was pregnant with my son! I only recently found a local place that makes those; but it's not something to eat often and they don't have them at all times.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could go for some Taco Bell. I won't though. I felt like getting some ham for sandwiches when I went shopping over the weekend. i didn't though. I can't open a deli bag without at least one cat coming over to see what I have. They don't like ham. I got Boar's Head low sodium smoked turkey breast. It makes a good sandwich and the girls devour it. I'm ALWAYS in the mood for pickles. I found these at Publix and they are SO good. Pricey, but good. They were on sale this week so I got 2. I need to make sure that there are some left when DD gets here this weekend. :lol:

Hot Dill Pickle Spears - Grillo's Pickles

They are just hot enough to give your mouth a wake up call.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade cornbread - I could buy it but I have a wonderful recipe so nothing else even comes close. I really should buy the ingredients and bake it especially since it tastes great in winter with chili. :yummy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been craving apple pie so I finally got it made yesterday. Ice cold apple pie and a cup of coffee is the best breakfast I have had in a long time. Fortunately the amount of work required to peel and slice the apples means that I won’t be baking another any time soon.
Do you have a peeler/corer? I bought one a few years ago. It suction cups to the counter and can peel an apple in seconds. I’m always the pie maker for the holidays so I regreted not getting one sooner! Even if I only pull it out a few times a year.

This is the one I have.Johnny Apple Peeler, Corer, Slicer, Pie Maker, Stainless Steel Blades, Red VKP1010 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DLTD1C/?tag=thecatsite Of course it’s almost twice what I paid at the moment. :cringe:
I got Boar's Head low sodium smoked turkey breast. It makes a good sandwich and the girls devour it.
I’ve been having a hard time getting the low sodium lunch meats here. It was hard to get used to the regular ham again.

It looks like Target carries those pickles. I don’t go there often but I’ll keep my eye out next time!
Homemade cornbread - I could buy it but I have a wonderful recipe so nothing else even comes close. I really should buy the ingredients and bake it especially since it tastes great in winter with chili. :yummy:
Oooo that sounds good!! I was going to do chili this week. Maybe next week!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a peeler/corer? I bought one a few years ago. It suction cups to the counter and can peel an apple in seconds. I’m always the pie maker for the holidays so I regreted not getting one sooner! Even if I only pull it out a few times a year.

This is the one I have.Johnny Apple Peeler, Corer, Slicer, Pie Maker, Stainless Steel Blades, Red VKP1010 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DLTD1C/?tag=thecatsite Of course it’s almost twice what I paid at the moment. :cringe:
I’ve been having a hard time getting the low sodium lunch meats here. It was hard to get used to the regular ham again.

It looks like Target carries those pickles. I don’t go there often but I’ll keep my eye out next time!
Oooo that sounds good!! I was going to do chili this week. Maybe next week!
I don’t have a peeler/corer, just used a paring knife but I don’t know that I would make an apple pie often enough to warrant buying one.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I'm craving alone time. Like actual all by myself alone time. Without responsibility.
That is definitely a thing. I used to daydream about having a little house in a little mountain town where I could sit and read and write books. Not that I ACTUALLY wanted that. It was just so different than the demands of that season. It can feel stifling.
I don’t have a peeler/corer, just used a paring knife but I don’t know that I would make an apple pie often enough to warrant buying one.
If you ever find a deal on one; its so worth it. I hang a plastic grocery bag from a cabinet handle and feed the peel right into it. I prefer to cube my apple; but just peeling one in under a minute (more like 35/40 seconds) is amazing.
A Chinese takeaway!
That sounds REALLY good right now since I’m supposed to be making dinner…

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread with home made butter.
Lari Lari An alone time break is always a refresher. Maybe a picnic for one in a nice park for an hour? I would suggest a visit here but…… no alone with a Clowder. Lol They would share the Cheetos though!
Not when it's 11°!

I look forward to the day when I can have cheetos again.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apple Crisp sounds really good. It isn't that long after the holidays and I definitely do not need any kind of dessert.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Can you get time locked in the bathroom with a tub full of bubble bath? Maybe some nice cheese toast? That gives you the nice crunch and the cheese taste? When we have little ones we do need a little time to regroup. Whatever simple pleasure you can get and whatever private moments you can get bring you back feeling a little rejuvenated. I’ll try to refrain from posting Cheetos until you tell me you can have them again.
Keep reading this thread and maybe you’ll start craving something you can have. I’m craving everything here now! Sweet , red delicious apples! I can’t have them but all this Apple stuff makes me want one! Ummmmm.