Votes: 10 50.0%
  • B. The Plain Side

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys that don't use top sheets, what is between you and the blanket? Because blankets don't get washed every month.
I just sleep with my blanket (and sometimes a second or third) and I wash it frequently. It's not like these are "fancy" blankets anyway. I have a duvet (if that is what you would call it) but again, I never make my bed, so it is never used.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the pretty side facing up but there really isn’t any difference in feel from side to side. I am very fussy about sheet feel though and prefer cotton polyester blend sheets over all cotton. And except for the hot summer months, I always have a flannel top sheet over my regular top sheet as part of my blanket layers. On top of the flannel sheet is a fleece blanket/bedspread in winter or a cotton one in summer.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
B for me I wash blankets and throws almost daily when it's cold. I started using Pyrell or Dreft laundry detergent for blankets, sheets, pillow cases and throws and it's made a difference. My skin is very sensitive and I itch easily.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It's not that I was raised by wolves or sleep in a box lined with straw or anything, but I've always been a duvet person.

There's a plain cotton sheet on the mattress with a blanket over that in the winter. Then there's the duvet with a plain cover on top of that. Then the cats go on top of the duvet, or crawl underneath it with you on a very cold night.

:dunno:

In the winter the blankets go next to your skin, not the cotton duvet cover or cotton mattress sheet. The blankets feel warmer next to your skin than cotton sheets do.

Blankets get washed once a week, same as the cotton sheets, duvet and pillow cases do.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blankets get washed once a week
That would never happen here. We just have too many blankets and they are huge and bulky. Plus the washing machine is top loader with agitator. It would wear out quickly. Plus we have a well and not much water. :(

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We use solid colored sheets that are soft on both sides (?). I put the part against me that has the stitching/tag showing, with the tag always at the foot of the bed. We don't turn the quilt down at all. To be honest, we don't even make our bed :paperbag:

I think B was raised by wolves because when we first started living together, he would just throw the top sheet on willy-nilly and not pay attention to where the stitched top part of the sheet was positioned!! It could be on the side, or at the bottom. Argh. It drove me up a wall. He is better now, lol!

We have the fitted sheet, flat sheet, quilt, and two blankets. The quilt and blankets get washed every 2 weeks because...cat hair (this is why we had to get rid of our comforter and switch to a quilt, the comforters would get ruined by all the washing required because of the hair). Sheets and pillowcases get washed weekly. We wash all sheets/blankets/towels/etc. in hot water with a cup on vinegar in each load (I promise you can't smell the vinegar once they've been washed!).

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Well when I was really young I worked at a hotel and I really learned how to make a bed! And I also had a house cleaning business and most of my clients wanted the pretty side down and folded over the blanket. So I’m going with A because to this day I do a square corner and pretty side down and folded over the blanket. (Unless a person has a duvet, then it’s no top sheet at all)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well when I was really young I worked at a hotel and I really learned how to make a bed! And I also had a house cleaning business and most of my clients wanted the pretty side down and folded over the blanket. So I’m going with A because to this day I do a square corner and pretty side down and folded over the blanket. (Unless a person has a duvet, then it’s no top sheet at all)
I was kind of hoping someone who has experience with working in housekeeping would respond! :lol: My Gram was a stickler for the corners too. I slack on that a bit. It was hard when we had a full memory foam mattress.That sucker was heavy! My new bed is much easier to do it properly. :lol:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always put the printed side on top, because my mom has always put the printed side on top. That is literally the only reason :lol:
Same here. :)

I honestly didn't know there was any other way until fairly recently when some relatives came to stay for the holidays.

But if someone is nice enough to help me out and make the beds for me, I don't care if they put the sheets on sideways! :biggrin:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was kind of hoping someone who has experience with working in housekeeping would respond! :lol: My Gram was a stickler for the corners too. I slack on that a bit. It was hard when we had a full memory foam mattress.That sucker was heavy! My new bed is much easier to do it properly. :lol:
Oh, that is interesting about memory foam being so heavy since I am currently in the market for a new mattress. Thanks!

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same here. :)

I honestly didn't know there was any other way until fairly recently when some relatives came to stay for the holidays.

But if someone is nice enough to help me out and make the beds for me, I don't care if they put the sheets on sideways! :biggrin:
ha ha I wish someone would do it for me also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that is interesting about memory foam being so heavy since I am currently in the market for a new mattress. Thanks!
We got a hybrid this time; part memory foam part traditional. It's been comfy so far!

So since we have a tie I'm just going to have to tell my husband that I'm right. :crazy: Of course; knowing him, if he actually made the bed himself he would probably notice the difference in our top sheet once he climbed in bed and then want it back my way. :lol2: Our winter sheets are flannel. Our summer sheets are smooth on both sides so it would be less noticeable. But the fancy hem would be hidden and go unappreciated. :lol: