Votes: 10 50.0%
  • B. The Plain Side

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today I need your help settling a 16 1/2 year old petty debate in our house! :crazy: :lol2: DH always tells me I put the topsheet on the bed upside down. And I tell him the print side goes down so when you make the bed or pull the sheet back you see the print and/or the decorative hem. When you fold the top sheet back you can't see them decorative hems if you make the bed print side up; it's all under the blanket. Also it's softer on several sets of sheets we've had over the years. I put them on the way my Gram taught me and thats what she said so I'm right! :smash: :lol: When I slide in bed I want the good side. He's just never had the pleasure of fresh sheets against freshly shaved legs. ;):cloud9: At least he finally agrees with me on spending money on some decent quality sheets. Nothing crazy expensive; but man I love smooth and cozy sheets!! :cloud9: Which one depends on the season of course.

So which side goes against the body? :whistle:

A. The Soft, Pretty Side - So it's softer and you see the pretty pattern and hem when you make the bed or pull the sheet back to get in. (HINT!! It's this one!! ;);))

IMG_2500.jpg

B. The non-printed, less smooth/cozy side.
IMG_2501.jpg

I look forward to being vindicated by your responses here. :angel::flail:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B. The pretty side goes on top. The plain side goes against your skin. I don't turn the sheets down, so I don't care about that. Not sure about the soft texture against skin because I don't have the soft fuzzy sheets, only the smooth type. So if I ever try the soft ones, I will let you know!

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I've always put the printed side on top, because my mom has always put the printed side on top. That is literally the only reason :lol:
My mom taught me wrong too. :lol: I'm seriously going to go make my bed the right way after reading this. The furkids and I deserve to enjoy our nice sheets too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a fleece/minky blanket and wash it plenty. Probably more than once a month because some cat is always barfing on it. I have 2 in case it gets barfed on right before bed and I don't have time to wash it. I think most home washers can handle a queen-size minky.

This one, although I have the queen size which is apparently not available online. Highly recommend; it's thick, heavy, and cozy: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-plush-blanket.product.100419860.html
(Non-members can order online with a 5% charge)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My comforter isn't even machine washable. But we have a king size bed and anything more than the sheets and a few pillow cases makes my washer get off balance. :cringe: So I really need to think about what kind of bedding I'm buying these days. I do wash full/queen blankets in it because I have one on the couch. But I have to listen for it getting off balance and pause it and rearrange the blanket a few times. Even adding a couple towels to the load doesn't keep it quite right. Or it gets too heavy. :disappointed:

When I was a teenager I didn't use top sheets but I can't imagine not using one now. I was responsible for almost all my own laundry and I'm positive I never really washed my sheets enough. Live and learn. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: I used to wake up tangled in my sheets and they never stayed tucked in at the bottom. Having a bigger bed helps I think. Of course my husband is litterally too long for the full bed we had when we first got married. :lol: So that didn't help. (It was my bed i'd had growing up.) We even ended up at the ER one night when he rolled out of it and smacked his head on the night table. No actual concussion; just a scare and something to laugh about now. ;)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys that don't use top sheets, what is between you and the blanket? Because blankets don't get washed every month.
We use duvet with duvet cover, which is washed and changed often like regular sheets.

I think top sheet is not a common thing in Europe. We’ve used them here only in the summer. I love not having to put the duvet cover on. I have only “solid” colored sheets, and I put them like in B method, because they have this sort of decorative lace that is visible when the sheet is put over the blanket, so I figured this is how they want me to do this.