Question of the Day - Monday, January 18, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only 2 weeks of January left! The Weather Channel said we are at the meteorological middle of winter. :banana1: We had to run into Lowes for a bracket this weekend and I saw the big display of seeds out. :woohoo: I already purchased most of my seeds directly from Burpee. I might get a few more things to try. I can't wait! :banana1: I'm noticing the days being longer too. I guess we are almost a month into winter now. I just folded a load of towels and finished my grocery order for the week; so that inspired my question of the day:

What have you held onto that you REALLY need to toss?

It's 2 things for me. One is an orange and white plaid dishtowel that is very thin and has a ton of holes worn through. I think it wasn't even new when someone gave it to DH for his first place. :lol: And our 18th wedding anniversary is coming up this year; so we've had it for ages too. But it's the one I reach for when Ihave big pans or the crock pots that need to air dry on the counter and it's so nice and soft (what's left of it anyway). I have a few old thin towels for air drying that stuff or covering rising bread; but that orange one is just especially bad. :blush:

The other thing is socks. I used to be so funny about my socks. They had to match (no pink toes with green toes!!). They had to be cute! But man I guess motherhood has made me lazy about that now. I was laying on the couch this weekend and my DS came to sit and put my feet in his lap. He started poking my heel telling me I had a hole. Sure enough; there was a hole. :disappointed: I've had to toss a bunch this winter and they were my favorite socks for working out. They were nice and soft inside and I don't think they are made anymore. So I just added a package of socks to my grocery order. :lol: I have big feet so I NEED the larger size socks. I'm praying I get them because I have no plans to walk into the store any time soon. If not; I guess I'll have to try Amazon or keep wearing the holey sock for a bit.. :disappointed::paperbag::crazy:

But that orange dish towel isn't going anywhere. ;) I should take a picture of it..it's almost comical how bad it is. BUT I did get a set of dish towels with pot holders from my Aunt for Christmas. :biggrin: I actually needed to the pot holders too. One of my almost 18 year old ones is wearing out where the thumb meets the hand. Ask me how I know... :cringe::lol2::blush:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do I start......While I have no issues tossing things that are broken or worn, I have a hard time getting rid of things that are "still good" or can be re-purposed, so I do have lots of stuff in storage...but am planning on having a yard sale hopefully this year.
I have way too many things to list but overall I think my old clothes are the one thing that I really need to get rid of. I know I won't fit in them again and haven't worn them in several years, but I've held onto them because they are still in really good shape, and I used to be adamant that I would wear/fit in them again. Thing is, even if I did....they are not really my style anymore...I'm a little too old for them now. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where do I start......While I have no issues tossing things that are broken or worn, I have a hard time getting rid of things that are "still good" or can be re-purposed, so I do have lots of stuff in storage...but am planning on having a yard sale hopefully this year.
I have way too many things to list but overall I think my old clothes are the one thing that I really need to get rid of. I know I won't fit in them again and haven't worn them in several years, but I've held onto them because they are still in really good shape, and I used to be adamant that I would wear/fit in them again. Thing is, even if I did....they are not really my style anymore...I'm a little too old for them now. :lol:
I have that stash of clothing too. Remember glitter jeans? I remember finding a deal on a pair that were just a size too small but I got them anyway because I was going to loose the weight to fit them. I think there are several pairs that are regular jeans that I may never fit again. I'll blame having had kids becaus I just don't think my body is shapped the same anymore. There is definitely dress clothing that needs to go too. Maybe I can make washing and donating part of my spring cleaning this year.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any belief that my mom will accept responsibility for being the main cause of our family rift. :rolleyes3:
My mom is actually one of the things I would like to toss out, but I don't say things like that out loud because it upsets people. Mothers are sacred to them. I agree, most are, but not this one. It's like she has a demon living inside her. :(

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I definitely need to toss my collection of tee-shirts. 👕 Some are on hangers in a spare closet, dresser drawers and on shelves in my bedroom closet. Many have sentimental meanings like from a 10K, special vacation, animal fundraiser, schools were I taught, etc.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely need to toss my collection of tee-shirts. 👕 Some are on hangers in a spare closet, dresser drawers and on shelves in my bedroom closet. Many have sentimental meanings like from a 10K, special vacation, animal fundraiser, schools were I taught, etc.
If you know someone who makes quilts,maybe talk to them about making you a tee shirt quilt with those that you treasure?