Question of the Day - Monday, February 7, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got up an hour earlier today trying to be so productive. Now I want a nap. :lol: I did manage to get some things done; but still. It's cloudy here so I think that's not helping. Some sunshine would feel good! I need to run a few errands today. I'd love to do them all in one go; but the pharmacy doesn't have my prescription ready yet. DH and I were talking about how to tackle to-do lists this weekend. I had made a list for each kid of what they needed to get done. DD; no problem. DS... Well it's 2 days later and he's got 2 of 4. It would be 3 but for some reason when I told him and wrote vacuum living room and halls he only got the living room part. The halls would have taken about 3-5 minutes tops. :rolleyes2:

How do you organize your to-do list?

I usually prefer a mental list. It seems like my lists are never ending; so sometimes seeing it written just makes it overwhelming. But if it's a specific or a short term thing; then written is nice. Like packing for a trip with kids; that's good for a list. DH likes a list on his phone for everything from house projects on down. Both my kids get a copy of our printed schedule for school. DD is independent with a lot of work; so it helps her not have to wait on me. DS likes it; but sometimes I think it distracts him too. I would have expected him to find checking things off more satisfying.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually mental gf makes hers out to i dont know how other than her way,choices just dont work for me :lol:all i know is the errand routes she plans out just gets me hours of complaining or grumbling by her while in the car:rolleyes:to top it all off she is one of those anxiety cleaners to so any cleaning i do just gets done over any time she wakes up or spent the day at work anxious be easier if it wasnt on game days

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I write out everything. I have a long running list of things I "need" to do around the house and one for things I "want" to do. I have started on a "life" schedule with everything written out. I have started a list of cost of goods from various stores...I'm trying to figure out what is a "good" price and if something is a good sale or not. I always write out my grocery and errand list to make sure I don't forget anything. When planning a vacation I have lists for food, packing, things that need to be done before leaving, ect...
I love lists! If something can become a list...you better believe I will write it out. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually a mental list but if my to do list is too long, it goes in a spiral notebook that is sitting on the table along side of me to contain the odd bits of things that I need to remember. I used to carry a smaller version of the notebook in my purse but since I am home, a larger one works well.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I write out everything, but not always before doing them. Sometimes I write down my to-do list after completing them just so that I could put a big fat check mark next to each of them :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I write out everything, but not always before doing them. Sometimes I write down my to-do list after completing them just so that I could put a big fat check mark next to each of them :)
Makes one feel like they've really accomplished something. At least, it works for me.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just write everything down and then start organizing it further, or I'll just write everything down and knock out things when I can. I have to write things down very specifically. I can't just say, "clean bathroom," I have to write, "wipe down counters, clean toilet, scrub tub, clean tub walls, etc."

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mental unless it's a shopping list, then I will either type it and save on my computer or just save the cart or wishlist.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Written. I prefer pen and paper but recently joined a daily accountability group on a homeschool board. I go roughly in chronological order, although some items get shifted each day.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I would classify Organize as a purpose. Not a thing.
I think you'll find misty8723 misty8723 is making a joke.

I have my shopping lists on my phone and my other lists on the fridge.
Like others, I find it really satisfying to cross things off. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I write things down as the need arises but usually on my desk calendar and check it off when it's been taken care of. I usually make a shopping list but sometimes I just go up and down the aisles. :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I use written lists for trips to the grocery store and Costco. Otherwise, I just know from one day to the next what I want to get done. I'm retired, so my "must do" list isn't very long! :) I never forget to clean the litter boxes at least two times a day. Other than that, most thing can slide.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a detailed shopping list, or I WILL forget half of what I need. I use a notes app on my phone.

Other than that, to-do lists often have opposite of the desired effect on me. My mom was reading up on neurodivergent traits and found that Demand Avoidance is extremely common in neurodivergent people, which actually explains a lot about our family. . .

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the mealime app for my grocery list. It puts in anything they need for their recipes and I just add what I need (those show up in italics). I have it set to hide things once I cross them off so my list gets shorter. I went last night, so I just changed it for the screenshot.

Screenshot_20220208-094840_Mealime.jpg

I have a small white board for things that aren't every day type things like feeding the cats or scooping the litter box. I'm good at remembering things that are in my routine, but if it's something I don't normally do, I have to write it down. I made a paper list if stuff to do and bring for J's party, for example.