Question of the Day - Monday, February 6, 2023

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No offense at all, just curiosity ;)
I will look at my fellow citizens from a different perspective now 🤣
Please report back. :lol: My grandpa was incredibly handsome as a young man but definitely had the bigger nose and ears by 100. And I have his nose. :lol:
I always get..."oh my, you must me so and so's daughter. And I get the same comments regardless of which parent they are referring.
I’ve had that!

I’ve also gotten “Are you _(Aunt)__’s daughter?” quite a few times visiting my grandparents at their assisted living and nursing home. She worked for them for a long time so everyone really knew her. I look more like her than either of her own kids. :lol: My mom’s friend met my aunt when she visited and noticed too. Its funny to me because I don’t see that much resemblance between my mom and aunt. They aren’t obvious sisters.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its funny to me because I don’t see that much resemblance between my mom and aunt. They aren’t obvious sisters.
One thing I always got....and still do. Is that I look exactly like my sister as well. Now don't get me wrong...put us in a room together and yes, it is totally believable that we are sisters. But I've had people comment that "you could be twins!!!" "you look so much alike!!!" and to this day, I don't see it. We do have the same eyes...but that's it. Her body is my Mom's, she got my mom's nose, mouth, hair...like the ONLY thing we physically have the same is our eyes. We do both laugh the same and have similar mannerisms...so maybe that's the kicker...IDK.
And we look even less alike now that we're older, but I'll run into someone who was my sister's friend and they will ask me..."are you so and so's sister?" (small town) I say yes and they respond with "You guys are so much alike"....it HAS to be personality, laugh and mannerisms at this point in our lives...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look like my dad. A few years ago I did one of those age-progressed filters on some app and it scared the ever-loving crap out of me because the result made me look EXACTLY like my grandma (dad's mom).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you but I am on the plain side and I've been told that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw. LOL. That's why I don't make fun of people if they are not good looking or not very bright.
I've been told the same on both accounts. My response now to people who make those comments is "I could improve my looks and read some more books, but you'll always be an (fill in the blank)." :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing I always got....and still do. Is that I look exactly like my sister as well. Now don't get me wrong...put us in a room together and yes, it is totally believable that we are sisters. But I've had people comment that "you could be twins!!!" "you look so much alike!!!" and to this day, I don't see it. We do have the same eyes...but that's it. Her body is my Mom's, she got my mom's nose, mouth, hair...like the ONLY thing we physically have the same is our eyes. We do both laugh the same and have similar mannerisms...so maybe that's the kicker...IDK.
And we look even less alike now that we're older, but I'll run into someone who was my sister's friend and they will ask me..."are you so and so's sister?" (small town) I say yes and they respond with "You guys are so much alike"....it HAS to be personality, laugh and mannerisms at this point in our lives...
Do you have the same coloring? I keep thinking that has a lot to do with my resemblance with my kids.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been told the same on both accounts. My response now to people who make those comments is "I could improve my looks and read some more books, but you'll always be an (fill in the blank)." :lol:
All right! I could think of a few words to fill in the blank. I can't imagine anyone saying that to you.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Probably a bit of a mix. I have my father's cleft chin. Everyone says my oldest brother and I look a bit alike but we don't see it. Pictures of his daughter when she was very young look like me when I was young. Our other brother looked nothing like us. When he died I was going through pictures and there was one that he was the spitting image of my father. My oldest brother and I have very thick, wavy hear. We get the thick from my mother and the waves from my father. I am the only one in my immediate family with blue eyes, but blue eyes are on both sides of my family.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have the same coloring? I keep thinking that has a lot to do with my resemblance with my kids.
Sort of...Her hair was darker than mine...when she wasn't dying it...where as I always had much lighter blond hair. Our skin tones are similar as we inherited my mother's pasty white Irish skin...but my sis was way better at getting and keeping a tan so her skin tone was usually a bit darker.