Question of the Day - Monday, February 24, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's almost March! Just one week of February to get through and it'll be the month Spring arrives! This year we are already having spring weather though. You won't hear me complain! :D I'm feeling "snacky" today so that is inspiring my question.

What is your go-to snack?

Lately I've mixed up several kinds of unsalted nuts and dried fruits to make my own trail mix of sorts. It's nice to leave out the sodium. I've also been enjoying Cinnamon Chex cereal dry. My Mom used to snack on dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch when I was a kid. It's not much different with the Chex. :yummy:

Today I could really go for some cheddar popcorn or caramel corn though.:popcorn: Good thing I don't have any on hand. Or do I? :think: That might be a good after school snack. And I guess if I make it from scratch I can control the topping amount.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
POTATO CHIPS!!!!

(did my obsession come across? :lol: )

I have also been eating mixed nuts recently as I try to find healthier "salty" snacks. I also like toast with butter, and sometimes with cinnamon/sugar on it as well. Crackers, cheese and pickles is also a nice snack to have.
I usually gravitate to salty snacks, except for a certain time of the month...
Honestly, snacking is usually due to a craving and there have been times where my snack was just weird. At times I've had a crisp leaf of iceberg lettuce with a spread of mayo on it :paperbag:...don't ask me why I crave that, but it's good.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I really like the unsalted mixed nuts from Costco. And I love Cheez-its. And more Cheez-its. Whenever I fly, I always have a bag of Cheez-its in my carry-on. They're the perfect plane snack because they don't make a mess. They're so easy to eat...and eat...and eat. :)

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
POTATO CHIPS!!!!

(did my obsession come across? :lol: )

I have also been eating mixed nuts recently as I try to find healthier "salty" snacks. I also like toast with butter, and sometimes with cinnamon/sugar on it as well. Crackers, cheese and pickles is also a nice snack to have.
I usually gravitate to salty snacks, except for a certain time of the month...
Honestly, snacking is usually due to a craving and there have been times where my snack was just weird. At times I've had a crisp leaf of iceberg lettuce with a spread of mayo on it :paperbag:...don't ask me why I crave that, but it's good.
Wow I can’t believe there’s someone who snacks like I do 💕

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m very fond of salty things like olives, pistachios, cheddar flavored rice crackers. I pop popcorn and melt butter and add chili powder and a little salt if the butter isn’t salty. Occasionally I’ll buy beef jerky (expensive). And as Jem said “lettuce with a little mayo on it”!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A handful of dried nuts.

It's not really a snack snack. More like a "OMG-I've-still-got-to-wash-the-dishes-vacuum-the-floor-bring-in-two crates-of-cat-food-from-the-shed-and-answer-those-e-mails-before-breakfast. I'm-getting-light-headed. Better-have-some-nuts." kind of snack.

:lol:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ugh y'all stopppppp. Most snacks here are sweet or shrimp flavored (or sweet shrimp flavored) and I can't stand it. Good news is, that I don't snack nearly as much as I used to. Bad news is, is that between lunch at 12 and dinner at 8 I don't get much to eat (now I know why cats sound so angry when you feed them). I order some snacks off iHerb like granola and fruit snacks, but they go soooo quickly. The one thing I'll buy from convenience stores here is cinema butter popcorn. Actually salty. Actually buttery. No sugar (that I know of).