Question of the Day - Monday, December 9, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another Monday. Another week closer to Christmas! 🎄 :santa: Lets talk gift cards!! I always give boxes of cookies and small gift cards to the kid's teachers at Christmas. The cookies are "easy." But I'm still deciding where to get the gift cards to this year. Usually I get cards for somewhere like Dunkin Donuts so they can get coffee or a sweet treat. I've also done Panera gift cards and a local gas station that has a well loved deli inside.

Where would you like a small gift card to (around $10/$15) to treat yourself to something? NOT somewhere practical. It's meant to be a treat or fun. ;)

Personally I like Dunkin because even a small gift card goes for several trips there if you just order coffee. And my kids don't get coffee. ;) Panera or some fast-food type places would be good too but there I'm likely to spend it on my kids instead of myself. :rolleyes2: My kids would probably go :jawdrop: over a pizza place near us that has really affordable kids meals. Maybe I will do that for a stocking stuffer for them. :crazy::santa: DH has been given gift cards to Subway. Those were handy too. My kids love a Happy Meal once in a while; but we don't eat fast food often. It's more likely to be Chick-Fil-A if we do. (I could really go for some nuggets, sweet tea and their chocolate chunk cookies right now. :drool:)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't go out to restaurants or do take out that often, that's usually a treat for us, so a gift card to a fast food place or restaurant would be good. And when I say restaurant, nothing fancy, basic chain restaurant or diner. I don't go to places that are too trendy and expensive. I like food but I tend to order things that come with fries because I don't eat deep fried foods often.
I'm TREATING myself, keep your stinking kale and quinoa salad and sweet potato fries off my plate! :lol: I want normal french fries, onion rings and a carb and fat loaded cesar salad with extra parm cheese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't go out to restaurants or do take out that often, that's usually a treat for us, so a gift card to a fast food place or restaurant would be good. And when I say restaurant, nothing fancy, basic chain restaurant or diner. I don't go to places that are too trendy and expensive. I like food but I tend to order things that come with fries because I don't eat deep fried foods often.
I'm TREATING myself, keep your stinking kale and quinoa salad and sweet potato fries off my plate! :lol: I want normal french fries, onion rings and a carb and fat loaded cesar salad with extra parm cheese.
I hear ya. I stopped making things like Mac & Cheese at home last year. But there is a BBQ place DH loves that makes amazing mac and cheese. So I let myself get a side of that when we eat there. Letting myself have it as a treat makes giving it up at home seem like no big deal.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Dunkin Donuts. I also like Starbucks though I limit myself to once a week because they are overpriced. Starbucks would be a treat for me and that would buy 2 or 3 large lattes.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there was one near me I'd say Starbucks for sure! I love how many non coffee and vegan options they have. Or actually my fave local coffee/chocolate shop would be good, but as they're indie that doesn't help you much. Maybe somewhere like Lush or The Body Shop too - pampering bath stuff is always a welcome treat.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Starbucks or maybe Kohl’s. There’s a local small deli that makes great wraps and salads that would be good too.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe McDonald's. I hadn't had it in years because I thought the food kind of sucked, but I tried it again a couple of months ago and it tasted a lot better. Apparently McDonald's started using fresh beef on the quarter pounders so it's probably the reason I like it now. I've been having it more lately though.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I don't drink coffee any more, a Tim Horton's card would work. They have great apple fritters, and their Timbits are good too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A local specialty food shop. It's a great way to support a local business and gives you a reason to walk in to browse and make a purchase that you wouldn't have done otherwise.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say Bath & Body Works but I already have a gift card that I'll be using some of during the next semi annual sale which is at the end of the month. :banana1::banana2:

I guess I'll go with Ulta. We don't really eat fast food and I already have a gift card balance on my account at Dunkin Donuts. Their dark roast coffee is good in case anyone hasn't tried it. It's much better than the regular coffee.

I get most of my skin care stuff from Ulta. I love that store.