Question of the Day - Monday, December 23, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the delay posting. I’m in the middle of a bake-a-thon. I’m trying to do a few batches of gluten free cookies. I’ve only taste tested one but I’m not impressed. Let’s hope this next kind is ok!

Would you rather spend holidays at home or someone else’s house
?

Home personally. Hosting is draining too. But at least I’m home.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to host at my house, as long as I've had time to do a good cleaning beforehand. So I only offer to host if I know I have a few days prior to do it. I'm SO GLAD that this year I'm not hosting, my house is a mess!!!! :paperbag: Although the plan during my holiday is to go room by room and do a good cleaning. I've already gotten started! :thumbsup:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've really only ever gone to other people's places. I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year, but I think I'd probably still like to go to other people's houses because I don't want to be in charge of most of the cooking. When I go to other people's places, I bring a couple of dishes, but I'd be in charge of a lot more if I hosted.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
When we were younger, it didn't matter. Now that we're considered official old farts, we'd rather stay home. I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas this year with just Rick. Oh sure, he'll be watching football and I'll be reading. But it works.
Same here. We're old farts, too, :lol: and I'd rather be home with no plans. We are hosting a small brunch on Christmas but there will only be a few of us so that will be easy, and then hubby and I will get the afternoon/evening on our own. rockingchair.gif

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
depends on who's house. every year my cousins and sister takes turns hosting christmas eve. I'd much rather go to my sister's than my cousins (For I am the only single person without kids, I cannot connect with them at all and there's no place where I can comfortable retreat to. at least at my sister's I can go in my niece's room or something)

My place is too small to host any parties for my family, so thankfully I am not expected to do so!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If it's just for a few hours I prefer going to someone else's house. I'm a terrible cook, so it's much nicer to try something someone else made. I don't have to worry about cleaning up either.

Any longer than a few hours and then people will just have to come here and take their chances with my cooking. I can't get a cat sitter for this many semi-feral cats and I don't like to leave them alone over night. Who knows what they'd get up to?

:dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat::dancingblackcat::devilcat:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We just want to stay at home and veg. For years I had to make a mega-meal and haul it across town to my mom's house. It had to be there precisely at 1 p.m. At 1:05 she was on her porch, patting her foot. Since we were working two and sometimes three jobs, all the elaborate cooking was a huge chore and I grew to hate it. I miss my mom but I don't miss those dinners.