Question Of The Day - Monday, August 5, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One week closer to fall everyone! Pumpkin Spice everything will be hitting the shelves before the end of the month. :rolleyes3: (I like pumpkin spice; but it's really overdone now...imho ;) And I really don't need to see it before mid-september. Even if I ready to break out the hoodies.)

Do you remember your dreams?

I often remember something about my dreams. Sometimes all of a dream and sometimes I only remember for a few minutes.

Last night I dreamed my Mom and step-dad were taking my kids, my niece and nephew and one of the kid's friends from church to a Barry Manilow concert. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get 5 car seats because I did NOT think the kids were going to enjoy Barry Manilow and I was going to have to get them all home. :flail:I wasn't looking forward to having to see him either but someone was going to have to get the kids home. :flail:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frequently.
When I was younger I used to keep a dream diary. I'd wake up and automatically start writing in the notebook. It was interesting, to see correlations to events that happened later on, or make connections to things that happened in the past that had been on my mind. I still have the notebook packed away with other treasured items.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I do but not for long. I need to keep a journal of mine too.

Speaking of fall, my local Dollar Tree already has Halloween stuff out. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember my dreams, I also dream in color, which I hear is not something everyone does.:dunno:
I'm also prone to recurring dreams and still remember some of the dreams I had as a child. I've even had dreams that were more like premonitions. I've dreamed things that eventually happened, EXACTLY as how my dream went. And this was a dream not just a "deja vu" moment.
The most memorable was a dream I had where I came home from school and a woman was sitting at my kitchen counter, a woman I have never seen before, so the vision I "made up" was not based on a real person - so I thought. In that dream my Dad then introduced her to us (me and sister), this was his new girlfriend (soon to be fiancee). That was pretty much the end of that dream. Then about 2 weeks later, I come home from school, and voila, there she was sitting at my kitchen counter. I was taken back for a minute, because I had remembered my dream instantly.
I should have warned my Dad when I had the dream come true, because it seems like any "premonition dreams" I have are usually about bad things. But I was only 8 at the time and didn't really keep track of the outcomes of my "premonitions" at the time. I would have save us a lot of problems if I could have convinced him to throw her out the door! Hindsight is always 20/20!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't always remember my dreams. I usually remember people or places in the dream, but not the whole dream. One dream I had years ago about Auschwitz, for some reason, was more like a memory than a dream...although it couldn't have been. I still can't talk about that one. But mostly just bits and pieces.

I also dream in color, which I hear is not something everyone does
Really? I guess I thought everybody did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking of fall, my local Dollar Tree already has Halloween stuff out. :rolleyes2:
My kids were not too happy to see that stuff out in AcMoore already a few weeks ago. I told them it's for all the people who make stuff to sell at the craft fairs. The Dollar Tree doesn't get a pass. :nono: I worked for Hallmark when I was in college. I think they spoiled me to rushing to seasons. It was one.holiday.after.another. :disturbed:
I remember my dreams, I also dream in color, which I hear is not something everyone does.:dunno:
Hm I don't know about that. I always dream in color. One person told me years ago that if it was a dream she should pay attention to; it would be vibrant and bright. Dark or black and white were "deceptive." I think that's the best way to explain what she was saying.

I don't usually put too much thought into my dreams. If it's something with meaning I usually know right away or it's I guess obvious is the word for it. Otherwise I let them go. But if my Mom tells me she got tickets to take my kids to see Barry Manilow I'm declining. :p

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always dream in color, too, and can't fathom dreaming in black and white.

I remember many of my dreams, especially recurring ones. In the years my husband was deeply involved in an affair, I dreamed of houses with a stairway that was very difficult to climb that led to a luxurious bedroom with a round bed with sheer curtains around it. I also dreamed of houses with two identical sides to them. My unconscious mind was probably telling me about a double life.

Another dream about a double-sided house had two kitchens. One was very out of date, but clean and neat. I looked in the freezer, and there was meat wrapped up in there that was very old, but still good. I took that to mean that after many years of being a housewife, I still had skills that were marketable. That encouraged me to get a divorce and get a job.

Puff Kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I remember my dreams frequently, but not always for long periods of time. The ones I do remember are very vivid and I sometimes continue the dream I had one night during another. It’s like I start off exactly where I left off. Thankfully, they’re all good dreams. If I have nightmares I don’t remember them.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've dreamt of winning the lottery a few times then woke up for work. I class that as a nightmare.
:lol: Man what a let down! :bawling: Yeah I'd cry. I don't always wake up smoothly. Sometimes the transition is a process. Actually I have had to fight off tears some mornings when I'd wake up for work. I don't know that I've ever really been a morning person.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have vivid dreams and I remember them all; mostly. I don't remember the ones I had a long time ago, of course (unless they've really stuck out in either a surprising or disturbing way), but I remember most of the recent ones. Just last night I had a dream/nightmare that Britain had become a dystopian society called "Panmia" (think I'd been reading too much Hunger Games stuff, haha) and that it wasn't really known how the country had become a 1984 style dictatorship - but it seemed that climate change played a part, because in the dream I remember me, as a character (I'm often the main "character" in my dreams), trying to find my old neighbourhood and there were palm trees and other tropical plants naturally growing where before it would've been too cold for them - and "exotic" animals prowling around such as gorillas, that only appear in warmer environments. In the dream I remember it being a set-up of some sort, because there were soldiers pretending to be normal citizens, though later on I found out they weren't. I really need to write this down because it seems like a good plot for a dystopian novel, lol.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the majority of my dreams. If we take out my nightmares, they are so odd and often connected that I jokingly tell my husband that I must be in an alternative parallel universe. For example, I dream of being at my paternal grandmother's house, except it is not her real house. It is some larger house with hidden rooms and two staff members that live upstairs in a large attic space. My grandfather is not the one I actually had. In my dreams, I know that it is and is not my grandpa. I remember things from one dream while I am dreaming a new one.

To make it even odder, there is a second house that belongs to my grandparents that is neither the real house nor the other dream house. In this set of dreams, she was accidentally buried alive for more than 25 years after supposedly dying from leukemia, which my real grandma actually had. She is very skinny and I keep thinking, "How did she live all those years in her grave." She is also very grumpy. My grandma was stoic, but not grumpy when she was alive. I do not like going to that house in my dreams.

These have been going on for years. I mean, I ever remember the other people's names and things we have talked about in previous dreams. It truly is weird.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a lot of my dreams. I also have a lot of recurring dreams. The most common being that I am at the house I grew up in and someone is trying to get into the house and I go to lock the sliding door and the lock never catches.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember things from one dream while I am dreaming a new one.
That must be pretty common because it happens to me a lot. While in a dream, I will not only remember an incident (which happened in a dream months ago), but I will reference it in that dream.
Also places. I've had a few dreams, I don't remember the dream exactly, but I can draw a map of the roads and the area. I've never been to these places in my life.
I will add, that I do not believe in past lives, premonitions, ghosts or anything like that. Which is why I find those dreams so odd.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I usually remember my dreams. These days I have this recurring nightmare where I've moved to a new house in a big city and the cats have got out, or there's no fence around the yard, or we're still living in this house but someone has built a road right next to us and I've just noticed a giant hole in the enclosure fence or.......

Basically I'm really paranoid about my cats getting out.

:paranoid::eek3::eek2:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I almost always remember my dreams. They're usually weird and make no sense. Sometimes, I draw inspiration from them for my art. Other times, I wake up feeling uneasy about what I saw, felt, heard, etc.

One dream I remember in particular, it was about my ex-boyfriend. In the dream, I went to a carnival and there was a man in front of me, it was him. We were walking but then he turned to look at me. Then, I noticed it was him. I was so happy to see him. I went in for a hug and he grabbed my chest instead and started squeezing really tightly. I couldn't breathe and I was screaming for him to stop. Then, I woke up. It was so scary. My dreams are usually very realistic like this. Tons and tons of detail.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say that i sometimes remember my dreams. more often, i wake up from a dream, and know that i've been dreaming.

i've had two nightmares in my life, that i vividly remember. one was a series of nightmares, night after night, and always the same exact -- when i was a kid. it got to the point that i dreaded going to sleep. i don't know why, but the nightmares stopped.

i've also had really good dreams. ones that i've woken up happy to remember parts of.