Question of the Day - Monday, August 30, 2021

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit of both. It depends on the task at hand. Things I feel are tedious or that I hate doing, I procrastinate (like dishes or dusting). But when something needs to be done, or I have said to someone I would help with something, I hit the ground running. One of the benefits of having company over is that it forces me to do some of the cleaning chores I hate doing! I can get the whole house spick and span in a very short time when I know someone will see it.
I am also a "get 'er done" type at my place of work. I don't leave anything "for later", I can't.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My new helper is starting this week.
So happy to hear this. I hope they work out well. :vibes:

I guess I should answer the question. :lol2: I'm also a little of both. There are some things that I get done right away and others that I really procrastinate on. As an example, I'm in the process of cleaning out my mother's house. I often open a drawer, closet, etc. look inside, go "ugh" and then just close it and walk away. :lol: I'm also trying to teach myself that what doesn't get done today can get done tomorrow (on most things, not all). They feeling of being constantly overwhelmed was really getting to me, and still does at times.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear this. I hope they work out well. :vibes:

I guess I should answer the question. :lol2: I'm also a little of both. There are some things that I get done right away and others that I really procrastinate on. As an example, I'm in the process of cleaning out my mother's house. I often open a drawer, closet, etc. look inside, go "ugh" and then just close it and walk away. :lol: I'm also trying to teach myself that what doesn't get done today can get done tomorrow (on most things, not all). They feeling of being constantly overwhelmed was really getting to me, and still does at times.
Oh yes, AbbysMom AbbysMom . I am in a similar situation with my mom’s house and have had that feeling/reaction many times. The sheer volume, the mix of treasures with junk combined with the emotional stuff can be overwhelming. I hope you have someone to help you.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love the word Distractionator! Describes my husband to a T!

Get it done. Now.

If I know something has to be done, I'd rather do it than have it hanging over my head.

Rick takes care of all the finances and bill-paying. That doesn't mean I don't know what's going on because I do! It's just that he's better at it than I am.

I hate a messy house. It really bothers me, but doesn't bother Rick at all. I like my kitchen to look and be clean. When the dryer bell rings in the basement, I'll go right down to get the laundry, largely because I don't like wrinkled clothing. Again, it doesn't bother Rick, but it does me.

Right now, we have a cover over a new stand that we bought because we're waiting on a plate of glass for the top. That way, the girls can't destroy the thing. You have no idea how much that cover bothers me! Oh, I know why it's there, but it makes me crazy.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the type of person who is always in a hurry, so I need to get things done asap or else I'd be in a terrible mood. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night, thought about some thing and get up just to do whatever it is.

My personality is opposite of my kids', who are the greatest procrastinators I have met.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I procrastinate on pretty much everything in my personal life and then will get everything done in the span of a few days until the next time I really need to get things done. With work, I'm more on top of things.
Me too, basically. Although I always pay bills as soon as I get them (or after the next paycheck is deposited, if necessary), I guess I've never even considered procrastinating on bills.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tend to procrastinate a lot😅 it really makes things so much harder for myself. Even the stupidest little chores like bringing that plate downstairs or something will get put off. I've tried to start the school year with more of a proactive approach, but I'll have to see how long I can keep it up😂