Question of the Day - Monday, August 10, 2020

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will only buy groceries and clothes in person, and I don't even do curbside pickup for groceries. I don't trust someone else to be as observant as I am when looking at food for bad spots, mold, a broken seal, or something that's close to the sell by date but hasn't been pulled from the shelf or marked as clearance yet. I always try clothes on first to be sure it will fit, even if it's the right size there's always some variation.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
One of the FedEx drivers now knows Rick by name. When he delivers something, he usually says, "Hi Rick!".
Our Amazon account is in my name, and my husband loves ordering from there because it looks like I'm the one doing all the shopping. When a package is delivered to the door (right now they're all being put in the garage due to the coronavirus), I make a point of exclaiming, "What did he buy now?" .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All our Amazon stuff comes in my name too. Its so easy to find virtually anything on Amazon now; it could be either of us! My DH got so sick of hitting his head on the woodshed that he ordered a hard hat the other day! :flail:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My helper buys groceries and some things like a mouse that I had her buy yesterday.
Mine broke and I don't like using the key pad. I buy a lot of things from Amazon.
yoga pants,tanks, hair products, books. sneakers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online for clothes, hot sauce, and specialty foods. In store for regular groceries and cat food. Beauty products mostly in store, but sometimes online.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no delivery of fresh products here - just a pick-up service. If I have to drive to the store to pick-up my order, I may as well choose whatever is most fresh and tempting rather than what is actually on my shopping list.

I have always ordered most of my clothes on-line. Local stores have little to offer in my size - and, at my age, I no longer wish to shop in the children's department! :lol: At least on-line, the products are "fresh" - not suffering from sitting on a hanger in a store being tried on by goodness knows how many people! If possible, and particularly for shoes, I order directly from the manufacturer as organisations, such as Amazon here in Germany, have a strange policy of sending out defective articles, and not taking them back. Out of 3 defective, metal, medicine boxes, my son-in-law managed to construct 2 useable, but not perfect, items, which saved me the bother of taking more photos and waiting for a 4th, probably defective, item to be delivered!

For 4 weeks now we have been looking for a new bed for my grandson. He knows what he wants, but local stores don't stock what he needs. His room is under the roof, so there are strict limitations on the size! We would rather see it first before ordering something we can't even get up the stairs let alone into his room! The joys of shopping!😹