Question Of The Day - Monday, April 22, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday again. I've heard quite a few people talking about being on spring break this week; but not us. It's business as usual around here. While I keep seeing pictures of friends and their kids off on adventures via social media. :crazy: So instead I went around my house and changed everyones bedding to match the season changing.

Do you change your bedding for the seasons?

I sort of do. DH and I only have one comforter but I have cooler sheets for summer and fleece ones for winter. I add or remove a blanket based on the temperatures too. I do the same for DS; but I fold away a couple crochet blankets he loves. I tried to look for new bedding for him but he insists on keeping his current comforter. :rolleyes:

My DD's comforter is fleece and VERY cozy for winter; so in the summer I put a l put a lightweight quilt on her bed with smooth sheets. The quilt is technically one from my bed when I was a teenager and too big for her bed. But I just drape the extra length on the side of her bed by the wall. I let her keep one of her crochet blankets on the foot of her bed. She keeps piling extra blankets on her bed so I think I put away 3 for her! It makes me wonder if she just likes the weight? :lol2:

Part of me would love to get new proper summer weight bedding for us all; but it's not a top priority. And I won't buy something unless I REALLY like it because we'll be stuck with it for a long time if I don't. It's got to look just right and FEEL just right too. I love falling into a comfy bed at the end of the day. :cloud9:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use different sheets. I like flannel sheets all year long. I think smooth sheets are too sticky. A lot of people think flannel is too hot but that's not my experience :dunno:.

Of course I have different blankets; it would be ridiculous to use a blanket adequate for South Dakota winters in the summer! I have an electric blanket for when it's really cold, a heavy fleece blanket for sort-of-cold (using that now), and a light faux-down blanket for summer.

My brother sleeps with a ton of blankets even in the summer! I do think it's the weight he likes. Weighted blankets are easy to find now but they're still pretty expensive.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't change. I have to be cool to sleep so I keep cotton percale sheets and a lightweight comforter year around. That is why I wouldn't like memory foam, it's too warm.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, we have huge differences in temperature between winter and summer, so I change the bedding and my wardrobe.

Winter is a thick fluffy blanket to lie on, another one to put over me, a winter futon and another blanket over the top of that. Summer is just a light futon and cotton sheets. Even that is too much some times.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Summer here is a couple of sheets. Winter is a duvet. So that's a definite change for me. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I swap out the flannel sheets for cotton sheets when it warms up. I keep the down comforter on a bit longer since it can still get chilly at night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We got a new bed a few months ago so I'm still buying new sheets and blankets. I have flannel sheets on the bed right now and it's time to switch them out for regular sheets. I bought a set of regular sheets last week that I need to wash. I do switch to different weight blankets. It will be the same quilt. I add an afghan to my side in the winter.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just switched to our summer bedding on Saturday. We have goosedown duvets and thick cotton duvet covers for the winter, thinner polyester-filled duvets and lightweight seersucker duvet covers for the summer. The pillowcases are flannel for winter, cotton for summer.

It's still very chilly at night, but our daytime weather has been perfect for washing and drying the down bedding, hence the switch now.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the same type sheets year round. In the summer when it's really hot, I just fold the blanket and comforter at the bottom of the bed. The only really hot weather here is July & August though.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we sleep on flannel sheets for the winter and blankets on the bed. We fold down the quilt on top.

In summer, we sleep on 100% cotton sheets from Target, Threshold brand. I have a lighter weight quilt for the top in place of a bedspread. It has seashells and matching shams. I have put it all on the bed. Makes for a nice change with the weather.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flannel in fall/winter and lighter cotton in spring/summer. We use the comforter year round, but in the winter a fleece blanket is added as well as an electric blanket. Our nights have still been chilly so I have not switched anything out yet, although there have been a few nights that the electric blanket has not been necessary.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the same cotton sheets all year round, but in the winter I use two blankets plus a coverlet, which is a lighter quilt. In the summer, I take off the blankets and just use the coverlet. With air conditioning, I need something besides the sheets.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our weather is pretty mild so I use cotton sheets year round. I have a comforter that stays folded at the end of the bed all year. Mostly the cats use it as a comfy bed :lol: but sometimes I pull it up for human use if the weather turns a little chilly.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Same sheets year round. Top and bottom regular sheets of course plus I use a flannel sheet as a blanket year round as well and then a heavier or lighter bedspread over it depending on the season.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same sheets year round: "Luxury Performance 1000tc Sateen Wrinkle Free Deep Pocket Sheet Set - Studio"

Colder weather I add a couple blankets, warmer weather just a top sheet.