Question of the day March 3

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 4 female cats don't exactly like being too close to one another. They don't fight but some psychological battles seem to take place at night to decide which one will sleep on the bed. The losers tend to look for a shelf in one of the bedroom closets, so I leave the doors ajar. The boxes of socks (sorted according to summer, winter and slipper-socks) are firm favorites. Unfortunately, in making their beds comfortable, the socks are all mixed up and lying on the floor.
I think that Katy has given up competing for a favorite "bed". She always squeezes in behind me on the chair when I'm working on the computer during the day. Unfortunately, she has now taken over "my chair" day and night! So, I am sitting at the dining room table, using an ancient laptop, and she is asleep in front of my computer. I am no giant, but there's no room for me there!

CIMG6908.JPG
Unless I need the printer, or more sophisticated programs I can manage without Windows10! :hellocomputer:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has since stopped but Morgana used to LOVE napping in the oven (On a food item, like a pie) and inside the fireplace. Which makes me look like an absolutely fantastic cat owner :lol: "Hey where is your kitty?" "Oh you know, in the oven".

I've had a couple of heart attacks where I would see this little white bundle with ears in these select locations. She usually would go in long after baking or the fire when it was at peak cozy level - not dangerous anymore but still warm. Of course too, once she hopped out of the fireplace (Or I peel her out) she would be completely covered in ash. And being a full white cat, it's quite noticeable. Had to give her a bath a couple of times.

Even though she was quite content in these spots I put a stop to it for obvious reasons, since I I would get paranoid over her safety. She is deaf too so it's not like I can call out to her.

It's been years since she has set foot in my oven or fireplace but I still pre check diligently before I start anything! Now she simply sleeps on my bed or beside a nice heater in the living room :thumbsup: