Question of the Day, Late Edition for Saturday, the 24th of June, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Weekend!!

Let's Talk Faves!

Tell us your fave book, movie scene in the movie, tv show, fave episode of a tv show, poem

My fave movie is The Godfather, fave scene is the ending when Al shuts the door while Kay is watching
Clemenza call Michael "Godfather".

The Fire episode of Seinfeld where George knocks down anyone near him down to get out

Your Turn!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite book? The one I happen to be reading at the time
Movie scene? From The Untouchables where Ness (Costner) throws Nitti off the roof, then, where asked where he is, says "He's in the car".
TV show scene? From Magnum, P.I., where Magnum (Selleck) confronts KGB agent 'Ivan' in the forest, and asks if he had seen the sunrise that morning. Ivan says yes, then the scene fades to black, then a single gunshot follows

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love The Godfather III with Andy Garcia as Vincent Corleone. That scene when Mary Corleone was shot at the stairways as Andy Garcia watches the love of his life murdered still makes me cry to this day. Such a gripping scene.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite scene from a movie would have to be the 'You're gonna need a bigger boat' scene from Jaws. I don't really have a favorite for any of the others. Maybe for a poem it would be 'Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep'. Leah first set it to music as a Celtic Theme funeral song but it isn't Irish in origin. It was actually written in 1934 by Claire Harner and the original title was Immortality.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for that M mia , one of my favourite parts, love the singing of Men Of Harlech. Now I want to watch the film again

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite book-Cosmos by Carl Sagan

Favorite movie-City Lights

Favorite scene-the ending

Favorite TV show-Cosmos (especially the original)

Favorite TV episode-"Who Speaks For Earth?" from Cosmos (honorable mention-"Vincent and the Doctor" from Doctor Who)

Favorite poem-"Requiem For a Friend" by Rainer Maria Rilke

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite book-harry potter series

Favorite movie-full metal jacket

Favorite scene-too many to list

Favorite TV show-army wives

Favorite TV episode-too many to choose from

Favorite poem-dont have one

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite book is a Stephen King novel, Duma Key. It’s about a man whose life is disrupted by a severe work injury and his struggle to put it together. Of course there is some horror stuff going on but mostly it is beautiful writing about resilience and persistence.

And I love the movie Castaway for that same reason, surviving in the face of adversity.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to have to break these down a little.

Favorite fiction) book of all time: The Scarlet Letter(Favorite part: In a moment, however, wisely judging that one token of her shame would but poorly serve to hide another, she took the baby on her arm, and, with a burning blush, and yet a haughty smile, and a glance that would not be abashed, looked around at her townspeople and neighbors.")
Favorite modern fiction book: The Time Traveler's Wife ( Favorite part: When Henery kissed her scar.)
Favorite non-fiction book of all time: Norton Anthology of Literary Theory and Criticism (Favorite section: feminist deconstruction theory)
Favorite modern non-fiction book: The Universe in a Nutshell (Favorite part: The contemplation of time.)

Favorite epic poem: Gilgemesh
Favorite love poem: XVII (I do not love you...)

I do not have any specific movies or series that I would call my absolute favorites.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite Book: any collection of short stories by Nabokov. (Favorite chapter though: A Badger’s Tale, from The Once and Future King, TH White).
Favorite Movie: The Last Detail (favorite scene: when they’re cooking weenies in winter).
Favorite TV Show: Northern Exposure, no particular favorite episode.
Favorite Poem: Inversnaid, Gerard Manley Hopkins.
Favorite Song: Johnny Appleseed, Joe Strummer. (not asked for, just sticking it in). :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Book(s): Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Movie(s): An Affair to Remember, Pillow Talk, You've Got Mail
TV Show(s): Castle
Poem(s): Separation by W.S Merwin, it's short and sweet:
Your absence has gone through me,
Like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched with its color.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't honestly say I have a favorite book.I don't read that often,and when I do,it's usually something that has caught my eye and I wait to find a used copy on Amazon,and most of the time I end up enjoying them.So,that being said...favorite tv show would be Blue Bloods,and my favorite scene is when the Regan cop family (Frank,Jamie,Danny and his partner Jackie)corner the crooked blue templar officers in a bar and they get their due since they killed Frank's eldest son Joe.I'm not much of a movie person,but those on my list I'd say are favorites since I try and watch them whenever I see them advertised...Dirty Dancing,Steel Magnolias,Burlesque,Pretty Woman to name a few.Favorite scenes...there are too many.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Cant say I have a favourite book, type yes but no t nook. As for films then it has to be Zulu for me.
OK I’m biting. :fish:ZULU? No judgement here, just complete, pure & utter curiousity. More so say than Bridge over River Kwai or The Man who Would be King? Just wondering if it has any personal meaning?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are many films I love, good stories and good acting but Zulu is top for me maybe because the South Wales Borderers played a big part in it and being welsh myself makes a little personal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that M mia , one of my favourite parts, love the singing of Men Of Harlech. Now I want to watch the film again
Sis,
I went to the movies alone to see that!! Ten years old!!! Times have changed......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
OK I’m biting. :fish:ZULU? No judgement here, just complete, pure & utter curiosity. More so say than Bridge over River Kwai or The Man who Would be King? Just wondering if it has any personal meaning?
Love both Kwai and King!!