Question of the day January 20

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Often when we come back from either a walk in the yard or a trip to the store, Poppycat sniffs our jeans and also the bottom hem/edge of our jackets if they're hanging from a chair before being put away in the closet.

Do your cats have any interest in where you've been?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Max was always waiting by the door when we came home. He’d wave his tail, give us an affectionate head bump, and accept some scritchies while he sniffed around our jeans to make sure we hadn’t cheated on him with another cat or, worse, a dog. :) (My boy. :redheartpump:)

When we get home now, it’s as if we have no cats at all. I always go look for them, and they’re all sacked out in different parts of the house. “We’re home!” :sleep::sleep::sleep:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were only (very) interested when I came back from my daughter's house. But, that was in the days when she had a dog. The dog has gone with her ex, and now that she's got a cat, they show no interest at all! Maybe because I was always bringing cats home to foster in the basement.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they sniff. The funniest one was back when Obama was running for president for the first time. Hubby and I went to a Joe Biden rally. When we got back, RB Kitty Swanie sniffed my pant legs up and down several times. We joked that he was saying I knew it! You've been to a Joe Biden rally!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I get home with groceries Bourbon is the one who is interested with what I just brought in, and she would sniff and lick the plastic bags, thus ignoring my presence. Graham, on the other hand, would look at me with huge eyes and let out a loud and long "meow" as if saying, "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!!" :lol:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee likes to sniff shopping bags or any other new items we've bought. If we've also been with other animals that day, he's particularly curious - when we went to a family party a couple of years ago, my cousin had her dog with her and Toffee was particularly interested in her smell!

Fudge isn't as interested.