Question of the Day - January 17, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Monday morning and apparently I decided to spice things up for DD and get her started playing Wordle. She's working it out on a piece of paper first so she doesn't know she actually got it. Because she isn't sure it's an actual word. :flail: I did give her the hint to start with adieu an snort to weed out a few letters.

Do you play any app or online games?

I had a Kindle Fire when those were new and I got sucked into a few games that way. But I resisted with my phone for a long time. Now I play Gardenscapes daily and Word Wow occasionally. I just wanted something simple to zone out with for a few minutes between things. It's a nice way to destress. I do like finding the biggest word I can in Word Wow; but sometimes the levels take more time than I'm trying to use. It really does help refresh my mind when I take a break with these. I won't regularly spend money on games; but I've gotten the upgrades a few times during special events. I figure that's no more wasteful than treating myself to a fancy coffee or something once in a while.

I would really like an ipad so I'm keeping an eye out for deals on those. My kids have Kindle Fires that they like and there are apps that go with our math and reading/spelling curriculum. It would also be nice for sharing visuals in history and things. But I know I'll probably end up using it more for fun stuff than school. :lol2: (Not that there's really anything wrong with that. It's not like it's something I'd get a tax credit or a write off for. :crazy:)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I play a few games so candy crush in the morning with my coffee, have a couple slot games that I play free credits on a few minutes at some point during the day and may spend several hours every evening doing Cryptograms online while I watch TV.

If you do decide to get an IPad MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , get brand new with the 256 memory option. The issue with older or used Ipads is the battery and the fact that at some point Apple stops providing updates so you can’t load the apps you want. And the newest Ipads are sold with either a 64 memory or the 256. I guarantee you would run out of space with the 64 in no time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's this game called Woodoku that came on my phone when I recently got a new one. It's fun, and I'll play it while I'm watching YouTube because I have trouble just sitting and watching something. I started Wordle yesterday.

I have Frozen and Maleficent free falls on my kindle fire from years back. It's another kind of mindless game I can play one handed while J is napping and I'm watching something.

I enjoy doing nonograms and solitaire on my laptop (not on my phone - I like using my mouse for those). I found this Russian site that has a ton.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go on Sporcle a lot for trivia games and all that. I use it to test if I still remember all the countries of the world. When I had my last phone (because it had a stylus) I would play this coloring game where I would have four colors and I'd color in the picture but sections couldn't be colored the same as the ones next to it, but now I don't play it much because it's harder to play with big fingers.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I play Wordscapes on my iPad as well as AB POP. Nothing on my phone or the computer. I have Mahjongg on my iPad. And Angry Birds. I usually play at night, if I am watching tv. Games are mindless, but I can’t read and watch tv at the same time.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles You will love an iPad! I agree about getting 256…you will fill it quickly. I removed all games, photos, etc from my iPad Air 2 before downloading the Kindle app and am using that one strictly for reading. The other iPad has my photos, games, and apps that I use.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play a lot of games as I use one of those reward apps where you can earn money playing them via PayPal, and my favourites at the moment are Numberzilla, Wordscapes, Bingo Blitz, Solitaire, Virus Blaster and Manor World (a bit like Candy Crush). I've been gaming a lot more during the pandemic but never play on consoles, always on my phone.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pretty much every kemco RPG on my tablet, plus some other RPGs and a few other games like warship fleet command and air fleet command. I'm a casual summoners war player and don't spend any money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you do decide to get an IPad MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , get brand new with the 256 memory option. The issue with older or used Ipads is the battery and the fact that at some point Apple stops providing updates so you can’t load the apps you want. And the newest Ipads are sold with either a 64 memory or the 256. I guarantee you would run out of space with the 64 in no time.
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles You will love an iPad! I agree about getting 256…you will fill it quickly. I removed all games, photos, etc from my iPad Air 2 before downloading the Kindle app and am using that one strictly for reading. The other iPad has my photos, games, and apps that I use.
I was looking at them and thinking that sounded better. Especially I want to use the school apps on it too. It would be worth having to wait and save a little more than to wish I'd gotten bigger. There are times I'll watch something on my phone with headphones while the rest of the family watches something else on the tv I'm not interested in. So a bigger screen would be nice. The kindle fires let you add a micro sd card so my kids have those. Games just take so much space!