Question of the Day, Friday, September 3

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Tell us 3 of your favorite singers or bands. What kind of music do you enjoy most? What kind of music do you enjoy the least?

I'm a classic rock fan, always have been. I don't like country music at all. And I can't stand rap.

Aerosmith - fan since the very beginning. Tyler just rocks.
Deep Purple - ever since Hush came out. I dearly love Smoke on the Water. I have most of their albums on the computer and still enjoy a Deep Purple day once in a while, especially when cleaning.
Dire Straits - love Mark Knopfler

There are many more!

What about you?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash & Gilbert O'Sullivan.

My favorite music are oldies rock song's from the 60's. Despite my
above choice of singers I despise country music.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really listen to a large genre of music: Country; music from 80's, 90's and earlier; classical music..

It depends on the mood I am in.

I cannot stand Rap, the current Pop ~~sounds like screaming to me, Broadway show music is blah to me.. unless I am in the audience at the play. I do not care for classic rock.

But I tend to go to Country Music---classics are my favorite.. as are the recording from the 90's.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love anything from the 80's. That is/was my decade. If I could live in the 80's forever I would.
I can pretty much tolerate any kind of music except maybe death metal where all they do is scream incoherently.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like a variety kinda old punk rock, death metal with all the growling and heavy bass guitar and old gangster rap , new wave from the 80s, oldies classical music dont really listen to music much it makes me feel really oldhearing some stufff on the radio then thinking yikes that came out around 40 years ago i was doing this back then and look at me now :shocked::lol: guees its not as bad as bumping into people i went to high school with and thinking man they didnt age well:lol: shaved i can pass for being in my 20s hehe be grateful for the little things in life like with everyone wearing masks i get to hide the gray thats taking my mustache over now:lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
70’s singers with some beautiful music - James Taylor, Van Morrison, Linda Ronstadt. If I turn the radio on in the car it is always country. If I am cleaning or working at home its the favorites or sometimes Michael Buble, Chris Isaak or Dean Martin.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like many different types of music. I like the classic rock from the 60's and 70's. I like new country, I have heard it referred to as Southern rock. I like instrumental classical as background music. I can take opera in very small doses. I really liked Leonard Cohen, I don't know what genre he fit into, he did his own thing.

The one that I cannot bear is rap. I can actually feel the anxiety building in me with rap.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frank Sinatra, Sam Cooke, and Michael Buble are my top three favorite singers. I enjoy basically anything from before 1960, classic soul, 90s country.

Types I hate are EDM, anything with screaming or are ridiculously and unnecessarily loud, a lot of music that is played on Musak systems because it brings back traumatic memories of working in a grocery store, so I hate Fleetwood Mac specifically.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to a big variety of artists and genres so I can't narrow it down to three but I think my favorite artist is NF. I mostly listen to clean hip hop, rap, and pop. I don't like metal or country or older music (sorry everyone :lol:).

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a very eclectic taste (or as my children have observed about my downloaded music "it's the mix tape of the century"). I have a strong preference for baroque and classical (through the romantics), with my favorite composer being Tchaikovsky. In addition, I like jazz from artists like Duke Ellington/Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong/Dizzy Gillespie. And big band/swing. And show tunes. And a smattering of songs from current singers, although it tends to be a particular song rather than a singer's body of work.

I dislike music that's too simple or sounds too "manufactured". Give me Ella Fitzgerald over any current singer who has been auto-tuned into perfection.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picking three is hard.

Modern: Kina Grannis
High school days: Savage Garden
80s: lots of good choices... let's go with Foreigner.

I like a lot of happy pop sort of songs, stuff you can bop to, but I also like more emotional girl with guitar stuff, obv.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I. . .don't know? Music has never been important to me. I'll have the radio on for background noise but I don't care what's on, as long as there's not too much talking. And I tend to like individual songs, not bands/groups/singers as a whole. Although right now I'm really liking the a capella cover groups like Home Free and Pentatonix.

I do keep a Youtube list to play when I'm driving while tired and need to stay awake, otherwise I prefer silence when driving. It's a very eclectic list, lol: Jolene by Dolly Parton, Sound of Silence cover by MHE (kinda techno-pop, it's fun), The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, Man of Constant Sorrow cover by Home Free, Radioactive cover by Pentatonix with Lindsey Stirling, The Thunder Rolls heavy metal cover by State of Mine/No Resolve, Amish Paradise by Weird Al. . .ha, yeah, no theme here, I don't think.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a lot of different genres, mostly the older stuff. Favorite singer: Aretha Franklin. Favorite groups: the Moody Blues and Santana. I dislike heavy metal, but I absolutely despise country and rap, both of which could disappear tomorrow as far as I'm concerned.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Choosing only 3 favorite singers or bands is difficult for me since my taste runs the gamut. I have always loved Motown, e.g. The Temptations, Four Tops, Supremes, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin. But I also love Classic Rock and Opera.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...only 3?Well,there's a tie for me...top of my list would be Aerosmith and Queen,then LedZeppelin and BonJovi.But...there are sooooo many others!II'm not a real fan of country but there are a few that I do like...do not like rap or heavy metal at all.Classical...Andrea Bocelli,the Three Tenors and a few others.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant really name 3 favourite bands..my genre of music is huge and follow where there is real talent..can listen to a violin solo or a heavy metal band crashing out a good tune.
Stay away from the commercial music and tend to follow the smaller unknown bands and musicians where there is real skill and talent and they dont buy into being slaves to the recording companies.