Question of the Day, Friday, September 25

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't decorate for autumn but we do decorate for Halloween - not anything OTT though, just subtle decorations like pumpkins, autumn flavoured candles, Halloween lights, etc.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really decorate for fall, except I will use the fall colored dish towels, hand towels, oven mitts, place-mats and other little things like that. I will rotate a few of my decorative vases/dishes and put the fall colored ones on the tables and such and put the others back in the display cabinet. I have several Halloween decorations I'll put out, some years are more festive than others...
I don't do any decorating outside, but some of the decorations are in the windows, so can be seen from outside. The only thing that goes out is our carved pumpkin
1601073230494.png
1601073265982.png

This was one pumpkin from a couple of years ago that I rigged up. It ended up being about 5 feet tall after stacking some boxes up and covering them with black sheets.
1601073339431.png

And these two were from a few years ago.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 totes of fall decorations and I don’t know how many for Christmas. I’m trying to find a strand of amber lights for my livingroom. I do get some outdoor fall things and this year I have my own cornstalks to decorate with.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When the kids were young I had decorations for every major holiday but since they're grown up now I've scaled down a lot. I only kept the decorations that were my favorite. Halloween was big at our house and I miss the kids getting excited about decorating with me. :sigh: But I still buy candy for trick-or-treaters only this year will be very different due to the pandemic.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will decorate with a table runner than has embroidered leaves on the ends. I'll steal CatladyJan CatladyJan 's idea and use battery operated candles in candle holders with leaves. If I still have my little ceramic pumpkin, I'll put it out side my front door.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't in the past and now that I have my own house, I probably won't, at least not this year. I have bushes outside my front windows that I just realized I could put lights on for either Halloween or Christmas, but I've been planning on tearing them out to replace with hydrangea bushes, so maybe not.

I've been so busy with landscaping the backyard, work, and school that I haven't given much thought to seasonal decorations.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Do you (or your spouse or SO) decorate your house/property for the fall season? What do you do?

We don't do much for fall as most of our things are more for Halloween. We already put our fall flags out in the yard, one for the house and one for the she shed. I'm going to root around in my tablecloth tote for some fall-ish tablecloths. But next week, I'll be putting some Halloween things out, mainly in the kitchen, with a few items in the shed.

What do you do?
i try to decorate my door according to the seasons . right now i have a witch sing hanging on my door and sticky decor on my glass door for halloween

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I will decorate with a table runner than has embroidered leaves on the ends. I'll steal CatladyJan CatladyJan 's idea and use battery operated candles in candle holders with leaves. If I still have my little ceramic pumpkin, I'll put it out side my front door.
I got these battery operated candles at the dollar store on clearance last year

Attachments

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby switches from "summer" to "fall" as far as his planters and window boxes are concerned, i.e., he puts hardy plants/flowers in them and decorates with gourds/pumpkins, but that's about it.