Question of the Day, Friday, September 25

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Do you (or your spouse or SO) decorate your house/property for the fall season? What do you do?

We don't do much for fall as most of our things are more for Halloween. We already put our fall flags out in the yard, one for the house and one for the she shed. I'm going to root around in my tablecloth tote for some fall-ish tablecloths. But next week, I'll be putting some Halloween things out, mainly in the kitchen, with a few items in the shed.

What do you do?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! I am a huge seasonal decor person. Inside and outside get decorated. Aug 1, the Fall decor came out and the Summer decor got packed away. Oct 1, the Halloween stuff will come out but I do leave some of the Fall stuff out inside. My favorite time to decorate is Winter/Christmas. The house looks so pretty with all the decor and lights.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Oh, I so love decorating for Christmas! We don't do much for the other holidays, but Christmas is my time to shine. Love all the lights, love the cheery decorations, I love it all. I'd love to see pictures of your Christmas decorating this year!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Normally I host Thanksgiving so it’s a Fall explosion both inside and outside my house. Since Thanksgiving most likely won’t be happening I’ll probably scale back a bit. I do put some things out for Halloween also. On Halloween night I have lighted jack o‘ lantern buckets lining the driveway, a large wooden ghost and a trick or treat sign up, etc. No clue if there is going to be trick or treating this year and not sure what we’ll do if there is. We wouldn’t be opening the door if there is, but maybe a self-serve bowl of candy outside. Normally I’d be at least 3/4 decorated for Fall by now, but life has been beyond crazy and nothing is out.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having worked in retail for so many years I kind of got burnt out on decorating. We had to decorate for fall in August, Christmas at Halloween and Valentines day at New Years. I do the Christmas Tree but that is about all. I have TONS of Christmas decorations in the basement that I don't put out any longer - used to do the entire house, inside and out.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't decorate,.leave that to Nicole AKA Martha Stewart

I worked at Dillard's and we put up Christmas trees in October. My fave was the all pink Victorian tree.
There were 50 different types of decorated trees, so pretty. I bought a small fiber optic tree that was
so pretty.....lasted for 3 years. Got a 50% discount.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's no such thing as fall here so "fall" decorations look out of place. It will still be quite hot here at Halloween. I do have a couple of Halloween decorations left but most were donated because I don't use them. I'll put them up in the house but nothing outside.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. Usually my husband puts up lights at Christmas, but we didn't bother last year because of the honeymoon.

I guess we're going to have to start planning on doing more for when this kid is here so they can enjoy it.

I did buy a chocolate cookie haunted house to decorate, though!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The chocolate cookie house sounds cool!

We just bought our first house in July so I am exited to be able to decorate the yard and such. But dont have many decorations yet. My mother gave me a nice fall wreath I put on the door and I put a yellow mum and a little pumpkin on both sides of the door/small porch. I bought myself little garden flag with black kittens playing on pumpkins Im planning on putting out October 1st :)

Inside I have a fall runner but that is it. I hope to slowly collect more over the years as I do like decorating for the holidays/seasons!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Ebenezer Scrooge must have been my father. I stopped sending cards 2 years ago and don't put any decorations up...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I decorated, I'd always be finding something on the floor :lol:
That's why I don't put a tree up for Christmas. Well, that and V verna davies and I have the same father. :lol:

My rule is "what never gets put up does not have to be taken back down". Taking the stuff down to put it away is worse than putting it up. Nope. Not doing it. So I guess we're the Scrooge sisters. :flail:

If I put up a tree, Sophie would destroy it in record time. Lilith likely wouldn't pay attention to it but Sophie would treat it like a jungle gym. I'd ask DD every year if I should try to put one up and her answer was always, "Only if you want to throw it out the same day you buy it." :lol:

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I decorate inside for each season and do Halloween decorations in the yard. We usually get 100-150 kids and I love their reaction to the lights and pumpkins .

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I don't put a tree up for Christmas. Well, that and V verna davies and I have the same father. :lol:

My rule is "what never gets put up does not have to be taken back down". Taking the stuff down to put it away is worse than putting it up. Nope. Not doing it. So I guess we're the Scrooge sisters. :flail:

If I put up a tree, Sophie would destroy it in record time. Lilith likely wouldn't pay attention to it but Sophie would treat it like a jungle gym. I'd ask DD every year if I should try to put one up and her answer was always, "Only if you want to throw it out the same day you buy it." :lol:
I am worried about how Boone and Gracie will do with the Christmas tree. I can see Gracie climbing to the top daily. We had a cat growing up that would do that. We had to secure the tree to the ceiling or it would fall over all the time.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put out fall decorations in the kitchen, dining room and living room. I am not going to bother putting Halloween decorations outside besides a few pumpkins on the front step. I believe we only had one kid come by last year. We don’t really live close to anyone here in the country.
I didn’t decorate for Christmas last year because we travelled to see family. This year will be different and we’ll be staying home so I’ll decorate. I cannot wait to put up a tree this year and make the house look cozy. 🎄

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put up a fall windsock 😄 . I bought one for each season. I actually put it up on September 1st, which was a bit early but the summer windsock had gotten tangled and I had to pull the flagpole down anyway, so I figured it was a good time to change it out. Otherwise, no, unless you count fallen leaves and brown plants as decoration, lol.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Do you (or your spouse or SO) decorate your house/property for the fall season? What do you do?

We don't do much for fall as most of our things are more for Halloween. We already put our fall flags out in the yard, one for the house and one for the she shed. I'm going to root around in my tablecloth tote for some fall-ish tablecloths. But next week, I'll be putting some Halloween things out, mainly in the kitchen, with a few items in the shed.

What do you do?
I do as Fall is my favorite time of the year. This year I only decorated my dining room I have a wreath, some scarecrows, scatterd fake leaves and battery operated candles that glow and have a leaf design.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out fall decorations in the kitchen, dining room and living room. I am not going to bother putting Halloween decorations outside besides a few pumpkins on the front step. I believe we only had one kid come by last year. We don’t really live close to anyone here in the country.
I didn’t decorate for Christmas last year because we travelled to see family. This year will be different and we’ll be staying home so I’ll decorate. I cannot wait to put up a tree this year and make the house look cozy. 🎄
We don't get Trick or Treaters either because our house is not on a main road. I decorate for me! I like coming home and seeing all my decorations lit up.