Question of the Day, Friday, September 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

From where do you get your news? Do you subscribe to your local newspaper? Do you watch your local news on tv? What about the news networks, do you watch any of them?

We subscribe online to our local newspaper and we read it every day. We watch our local news every night (sometimes more so for the weather, than the news). We do watch ABC's World News Tonight. But that's about it. I hang out online with various news sites. I do love Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, but hardly ever watch her.

(And we try to take everything with a grain of salt!)

What about you? Where do you get your news?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We subscribe to the local paper, watch our local TV station, (100 miles away, but covers us), and World News Tonight. I also listen to Fox News, especially Tucker Carlsen, but like you take everything with a grain of salt. The older I get the more I am skeptical of how the news is covered. I wish they would just cover the news, not put their or a political slant on every single thing they report. (Although I DO know what political slant fox news will take. I want a different opinion than what all the other channels give)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I watch World News with David Muir every night at 6:30 although I don't really hear what he says because my husband yells at the TV the entire time that either David Muir doesn't know what he is talking about or that whatever he reported on was yesterday's news and was already talked about.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the rounds of all the free major news sites online every day. I don't have cable and really only turn the TV on if it's NCIS night (used to be Tuesday, now it's Monday) ;).

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch our local evening news and sometimes will go online to read articles from our local newspapers to get the "full report" on what was covered, or if I heard something happened and it didn't make the TV news.
I will sometimes watch the National News when something "big" happened, then will usually follow up with online articles if it's something I feel I need or am interested in learning more about.
When I follow up with online articles, that's where I will look for a few different news sites and get different perspectives...To ensure I get all the information and weed out the biases. Often times, some factual information gets left out depending on which way the provider "leans".
You know......It shouldn't take that much effort to get the news....:rolleyes2:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the news from World News Tonight. David Muir is OK but he is no Peter Jennings. Sometimes I'll watch a little of the local news but I get so tired of hearing the same things over and over and I don't care about their personal opinions on everything or how their weekends were or what they do in their free time.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much all of my news comes from the various news sites on the internet - CNN, ABC, Associated Press, Yahoo, MSN, USA Today and Twitter are ones I use the most. I don’t subscribe to any of them though. I used to have a local newspaper subscription but they are just too expensive.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to watch the local news, ABC, usually, but stopped during pregnancy because I was trying to keep my stress levels down. I don't actively search for it these days, but pick up bits here and there on the internet.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch the local news, listen to local radio newscasts, plus I follow a few internet news sites, both foreign and domestic. I no longer take a newspaper or watch the network news.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch the Nightly News with Lester Holt everyday, and check in regularly with CNN and MSNBC. I get local news online.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From where do you get your news? Do you subscribe to your local newspaper? Do you watch your local news on TV? What about the news networks, do you watch any of them?
Usually CNN.com for political news. NFL.com is the only online source I ever get news about it from.. If the Washington Post had a real privacy policy (a misnomer as they offer no privacy at all), I would bookmark it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to our local paper and it's delivered to the house Wed. and Sat.The tv stations are out of Springfield,and we prefer the cbs affiliate,which we watch at 11am and 5pm.Sometimes hubby will watch the national news (also cbs) and I do on occasion,but I always read MSN when I first get online in the evening.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I need to see something; I usually go for the local news site.

I've had several instances where friends and acquaintances have witnessed first hand different things that were being reported in the international news. When they saw the news coverage they were adamant that they were NOT reporting what they saw with their own eyes. So I don't really trust any one news source.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We receive the local paper which recently reduced its print editions to four: Wednesday through Friday and Sunday. The other three days I read it on online. We also get the New York Times delivered. I read AP and NPR online and listen to NPR’s Morning Edition. We don’t watch any news on tv.

I have a journalism degree and worked for two newspapers many years ago, so I mourn the slow but certain death of print newspapers.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a lot of news from Twitter. I try to not get into the news too much because I get so angered easily by all the BS in the world. Whenever I do read the news though, I will usually read multiple sources on the same topic to make sure I'm getting the full story with limited bias.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've always watched the news in the morning before work with my breakfast and coffee, usually ABC or NBC. My friend's son-in-law is a political analyst for CNN so I watch it to see him. :biggrin:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twitter and Instagram mostly for me. I find the main outlets here (BBC etc) too politically biased - the BBC is meant to be neutral but leans more towards the opposite end of my political spectrum! I do watch some of the ITV news though on tv. I also use Al Jazeera for world news, especially for coverage of Palestine and Afghanistan.