Question of the Day, Friday, September 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good evening! :wave3:

So: How do you like your eggs? Do you like them scrambled? How about an omelet? Sunny-side up? Over easy? What's your favorite way to eat eggs?

Rick is an over-easy guy. Me, I'm all about omelets....just love my omelets. With lots of sourdough toast.

What about you and your eggs?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
About five years ago, I figured out how to make a good omelet. Since then, that's about the only way I cook eggs! I like them with mushrooms, cheese, peppers, Kalamata olives, onions, broccoli, ham, pastrami and corned beef - sometimes all together. With salsa on top! Yum!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer over medium so the yoke is starting to harden up but is a little bit runny at the center. I only have them this way at home though so that I can use pasteurized eggs. At restaurants I usually go for an omelet.

And bacon, lots of crispy bacon and toast to go with it.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Poached as my mom used to make them when I was very young and soft-boiled. I like eggs in
any form but now my fave is over easy, very crisp-not-one-bit-of-fat-on-it bacon, Italian bread
toasted with Dickinson's Red Raspberry Seedless Preserves and butter.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veggie Omelet with cheese. I like them loaded up with veggies and ketchup on top.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omelets are my favorite, after getting raw whites too often in restaurants, I eat them scrambled or over hard. Usually overhard because I can't stand those 'fake' eggs some use for scrambled. The way to tell is to look for streaks of white in the eggs, if there are none it is egg beaters, etc. yuck, I can taste it immediately.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually overhard because I can't stand those 'fake' eggs some use for scrambled.
Liquid egg should be real eggs, just the ugly ones that couldn't be sold whole, lol. But maybe it has preservatives or is homogenized or something. I know I don't like those rubbery yellow egg things they tend to put in egg sandwiches. I'm glad McDonald's uses whole eggs now.

When I go out to eat I order eggs over hard. I didn't actually know it was called that until a few years ago. Before that I'd order them as "like over easy, but with fully cooked yolk", until one day a waitress said "oh, over hard". They were probably laughing at me before that :paperbag: .

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I like sunny-side up with a little runny yolk to dip toast into. Sometimes I like them firm to make sandwiches. Sometimes I scramble to add cheese, salsa and/or plain yogurt (sour cream) or ketchup. Sometimes I like them poached or hard boiled. Omelets are good but I never make them at home. I like them with veggies and some combination of salsa, ketchup, cheese or sour cream. (Not all at once! :crazy:)