Question of the Day, Friday, September 17

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not exactly chipped beef/sos, but my dad won't eat roast beef now because he says it was every 3rd meal when he was in the Navy and he had enough for a lifetime. Mr Picky. . .he used to come home from deployments having lost 20-30 pounds. . .

I once tried to make an instant pot "taco soup" recipe for a potluck, and it ended up tasting like white chicken chili, so that's what I labeled it as, lol. It was really good, I should try to find it again.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The version that we got was like a white gravy with chipped- not ground- beef with no vegetables or anything else in it, served over toast. We got that a lot at the end of each quarter, when the food budget was running low and they couldn't afford anything better.
i have tried only the california correctional systems version of it after adding salt and pepper to it i grew to like it better than some of the other stuff they fed us

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew to like it. I don't eat it often. I have also made it with cubed up left over turkey or pot roast.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love soup. I have so many favorites. I love chowders more than other types of soup, like corn chowder, clam chowder, etc. I'm not a huge fan of the broth-y soups, but they can be good when you're sick.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna be that person, but...I don't like soup😬 hot liquids just don't sit well with me, idk why, but my brain just thinks they're supposed to be cold😂