Question of the Day, Friday, September 10

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Rick and I were talking about greeting cards this morning. I know, the stuff that we talk about some times.... We no longer send out cards for anything, except deaths in a family. No birthday cards, no Christmas cards, not anymore. I stopped doing it a couple years ago. I got to the point where I didn't enjoy it anymore. Many of our friends no longer send out cards; I guess it's more of a hassle than anything. I usually text people a Happy Birthday, or, for my family, we'll do dinner or something. My sister and I will give something small to each other. We both like Chinese, so we like going out for Chinese, just she and me.

Do you send snail mail greeting cards? For what occasions? Do you mail out Christmas cards?
I did the same as you a few years ago. I do some e-cards, though. Today's Mother-In-Law's birthday,so I wished her a happy birthday on Facebook, and will send her an e-card. And the world hasn't come to an end, LOL! I secretly believe that many people are relieved that they no longer have to reciprocate.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm really not the cards kind of person. Birthday cards are about it, but even those I dislike. I think there's so much social pressure and all about it. Like who do you send it to? What do you put in it? I save myself the stress and just avoid it altogether