Question of the Day, Friday, October 30

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one TV, in the living room. I am toying with the idea of getting one fr my bedroom. Honestly, I am not sure if that would be a good thing or not. There is no cable connection in there. They would either have to run a wire from the living across to the bedroom, or drill through the wall, which I am sure Comcast will not do.

So, it is on hold, until I decide.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one TV, in the living room. I am toying with the idea of getting one fr my bedroom. Honestly, I am not sure if that would be a good thing or not. There is no cable connection in there. They would either have to run a wire from the living across to the bedroom, or drill through the wall, which I am sure Comcast will not do.

So, it is on hold, until I decide.
I have Comcast/Xfinity as well. If you have WiFi and you buy a Roku stick, you can stream Comcast cable channels through the Roku and not pay extra. It’s great for rooms not wired for cable.

Another alternative is something called Xfinity flex. It is a device you get through Xfinity that lets you stream cable. You can get it free through them. Worth checking out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have two, DH would probably like a third but I don't feel the need. One in the family room and one in the spare bedroom. Growing up my parents never wanted a tv in the kitchen because they felt when we were eating meals it was family time. I guess I'm a chip off the old block! :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 5 in the house.
We have one in the living room, which is where I usually watch. We have one in the basement rec-room, that's the one hooked up to my husbands play station. We have one in the bedroom, I can't just fall asleep without some distraction. And the other two are in each of the spare bedrooms, neither of those are connected to the cable, just a VCR and DVD player. The one spare room is for when my nieces sleep over, so they can "stay up" to watch a Disney movie. The other is in the room that I had originally set up to become a foster room for shelter cats. We haven't gotten around to that yet, but I thought that being in there and just laying down to watch a movie or read would be helpful if whoever we fostered wasn't socialized well.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three. One is for our security cameras. One is in the living room and the other in the sunroom. My husband is the TV watcher (couch potato) he also likes to play Zelda on one of them. We got the third TV because we switched satellite carriers and it included 2 DVRS.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two. One in the basement family room and the second in the upstairs spare bedroom that is really more like a den since there isn't a bed in there. I used to have one in my living room, but when my brother gave me a TV for my birthday, I put the old one in the spare room and the new one in the basement. My mom says by doing that I can always be ready for guests because she thinks it would mean I wouldn't use my living room that much without the TV. My living room is still a disaster area because I'm always using it even if I don't have a TV in here.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have 1,and it's in the bedroom.I;m a big late night tv watcher after I go to bed.Sleep doesn't come easy and it helps.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None! Which is kind of silly of me since the TV tax is automatically charged to my apartment every month anyway because the hook up is there and active (as it's a building perk). I just use my computer, Ipad, or pand I have a projector if I want to watch something on a "big screen."
A lot of the basic cable channels have internet feeds for free, and for dramas and such I have to wait for the pirated versions with English Subs anyway! Whenever I go to a restaurant or a laundromat that has a TV though, I'm always glued to it.
I think the most shocking thing isn't that I don't have a TV, it's that I also don't have a Netflix account.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The TV in the living room is more than enough for us. We watch a couple of newscasts in the evening, but that's about it. We both spend far more time on the internet using laptops or tablets, and I've always preferred reading books to watching series or movies. Our nephew gave us a Firestick at the beginning of the year, and I think I've used it 3 or 4 times to watch something on Amazon Prime.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 5. One in each bedroom, one in the office/ den and one in the unfinished basement for when hubby putters around down there. Our last place we had a tv in the kitchen. It was small and wall mounted but I loved it. Here our kitchen is weirdly designed, it’s almost a galley style so I have no room for a tv that it would be viewable.