Question of the Day, Friday, October 30

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

How many televisions do you have in your home? Do you have a tv in the kitchen? How about your bedroom? Why or why not?

We have two televisions in the house. One is in the living room. And yes, one is in the bedroom. Rick usually controls the tv in the living room, so if I want to watch something different, I have to go to the bedroom (which is fine with me, especially during the winter, when I can lounge in bed under the electric blanket and with the girls). We have a third tv in the basement, but it's not connected.

I never wanted a tv in the kitchen. I guess I was afraid that we'd get into the habit of watching tv while we ate dinner and I don't want to do that. The only time we keep the tv on during dinner is during football season. (To turn a tv off during football season is blasphemy! Even I know that!)

What about you?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two - one in the front room, and one in my husband's office, but I'm not sure if that one's completely functional. He comes out here when he wants to watch something, so I know at least it's not hooked up to cable or Roku.

There's no room in our little kitchen/dining area even if we wanted one. We don't have one in our bedroom either. If I need stuff to binge watch while taking care of the baby and I don't feel like going downstairs (our bedroom and the nursery are upstairs) we may end up setting up something small there, but nothing for now.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At one point, we had 6 TVs. Now we have 3. Neither my oldest or I watch TV enough to warrant a TV in our rooms. My youngest only has a TV in his room because of his Xbox. My husband has one downstairs in his room. We have another one in the living room.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have 1, in the living room, and I don't remember the last time I turned it on (I will when the new TV seasons start though). I don't have cable or anything, only what it can pick up without special services. I usually watch things on my tablet, Netflix and Prime and all that.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Three. A very small one in the dining room where I spend a good part of my day. It’s rarely used unless something major news event is going on. It can be turned to face the kitchen if need be. 42 inch in the living room, biggest TV I have. Never turned on before 6:00 pm. And I have a smaller TV in the bedroom that pretty much never gets watched unless I am sick.

The living room is attached directly to cable. The other two get cable via Roku sticks.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Three. One in the livingroom, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. The kitchen one has a built-in dvd player so that gets used for school. (We have 3 programs that include dvd instruction.) We haven’t had cable in years; but we have a Roku for every tv and streaming services we use.

I like watching something while I work in the kitchen. When the kids were little they would watch Sesame Street during breakfast and I’d do DD’s hair while she was distracted by the tv. Now I cut DS’s hair in there. Sometimes we stream music over the tvs too.

The bedroom tv doesn’t get daily use. But if I have a lot of laundry to fold I turn it on. We stream church in there since the pandemic started. Sometimes DH wants to watch something not rated for kids or to see if something is kid appropriate; so he will watch back there first.

Hannah531

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have 2! one in the living room and one in the 'play room'. The playroom was initially for our son and his toys etc. but my husband - during quarantine - wanted to play a lot of video games while i was using the living room tv so we upgraded the living room one and moved the smaller one into the playroom for games. Also, our son is 4 and gets a bit of screentime so it's been nice to let him watch in his own space rather than subject everyone to octonaughts and the magic school bus. hahaha

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We have two-- one in what I guess would be called a great room. It has the big TV, grandkids' toy box, library, fireplace, exercise machine--it's the 'little bit of everything' room. :) And one in the guest room.

There used to be a small one in the kitchen but it was taking up valuable real estate and when it went on the fritz, we didn't replace it. I do bring my iPad out to the kitchen sometimes to stream TV or music when I'm doing chores or cooking.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had two TV's, one in the basement and one in my bedroom. I never watched the TV in the basement so I gave it to my nephew. My living room and kitchen were two small for a TV.

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just have 1 in the living room. I usually watch a Net Flix after doing the dinner dishes. I used to read and study stuff but my eyes don't focus well in the evening. I only read Kindle books.
j