Question of the Day, Friday, October 23

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We ate at the kitchen table at 6 'clock promptly. If we had company, at the dining room table. My brother and I ate on TV stands sometimes in the living room.
After we moved, at the kitchen table. With company, at the dining room table. Which when I think about it was kind of funny. It was in the long kitchen but had more room than the kitchen table.
j

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Always crowded at the rickety kitchen table. It was a small kitchen so the table took up more than half the room. One side of the table was up against a wall so 5 people had to crowd together at the other 3 sides. Only 1/4 of the table was usable because junk took up space on the other 3/4 (CRT tv with bulky antenna thing, landline phone, junk mail, random condiments and spices ...). The dining room was only used if we had guests over for a holiday dinner. Otherwise it was a junk storage room and it was a process to move all the junk out and hide in the bedrooms ahead of guests arriving.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up,we always ate at the kitchen table.The house in Rhinecliff had a big kitchen so there was plenty of room.Now in our home,we always eat at the dining room table and always have.My kitchen is so small!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We kind of have a combined kitchen/dining area (unlike our old apartment where they were definitely separate rooms). When I cook or we eat together, we eat at the table there. If I'm eating on my own, it's usually on the couch.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up we ate at the kitchen table. When I moved into my first apartment with a friend, we ate on the couch. When I moved into a studio apartment, I used my kitchen table as a counter because I had literally 6 inches of actual counter space, so again, I ate on the couch. Now that I have my own house, I still eat on the couch. In my defense, I don't have a dining room table yet. My mom was fixing up my great grandma's table and it's been taking a while to actually move it here. I'll still probably continue eating on the couch though. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat at the kitchen table. Dad eats at a TV tray in his room, since with mom's clutter, there isn't enough room for more than 2 people to sit at the table. When I was a kid we all sat around the kitchen table or in the living room with TV trays in front of the TV. Mom didn't have nearly as much clutter back then. Same table, it's supposed to fit 6 people.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ate at the table as a family. It was technically our dining room, but it was open to the kitchen, separated by an L shaped counter.
After my parents divorce, in both mom and dad's home respectively, we again ate at the table.
Now in my own home, (it's just me and my husband, no kids) we eat in the living room with TV trays and watch the news. I do have a table in my kitchen, but it's always full of stuff.. :blush: If we had kids in the house I would make a point to eat at the table. Even though we don't "formally eat" at a table, we do always eat together...unless I'm working my late shift (twice a week), but even then, my husband will sometimes wait till I get home to eat with me...it depends on how hungry he is...if he can wait that long.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Breakfast and lunch are at the kitchen table; but dinner is in the living room. My kids have a small table in here. I have a tv tray and DH just uses the end table.

We spend so much time at the table for school that be evening we are just ready to be out of there. I probably spend 90% of my day in the kitchen!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up we always ate at the kitchen table. When the kids were little we always ate at the kitchen table as well. Now I eat at the coffee table and watch TV.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up, we always ate at the kitchen table; the dining room was reserved for when we had guests. My husband and I also eat in the kitchen. Guests have to, too, because we don't have a dining room. If either of us eats alone, 99% of the time it's also in the kitchen.